• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Looking for a certain west indian-style hot sauce

hello all

after lurking on an off i finally decided to join, and with that ask for some help. a few years back I honeymooned down in st lucia and went to the local grocery store and brought back a bottle of every hot sauce they had. now, i'm trying to track down my favorite.

while baron is the local producer, and it was good, it was not my favorite. it was something like "frootsie" or "tootsi" or something like that, and i recall it having a pinwheel on the neck label. it was the typical yellow orange in color with bits of peppers and probably carrots. i remember searching for it soon after the bottle was thrown out and saw it, but now I can't find anything. it's very foggy now, but I believe it was from trinidad. the biggest bottle of it I had looked like a carafe, 20+ oz.

thought?

thanks!

I have a Trini buddy who owns a local restaurant, called him to see if he was aware of anything with a label like that. It's probable that it was a locally-produced sauce and not exported. The most common Trinidadian sauce (and best West Indian pepper sauce that I've yet tried) is Matouk's, but the label(s) don't sound anything like what you decribed...

Back