wanted Looking for Ancient Sweet Seeds

Helllllooooooo THP'ers,

I checked the vendor vault and visited many seed vendor's sites to no avail in finding these seeds. I thought I had some as I grew them last year but alas I do not and would like to know if anyone has any that they would like to mmmm idk trade for or I could paypal the cost of shipping?

In anycase, let me know what you had in mind or if you have any and I would be greatly appreciative.

Tank'ya Kindly,

David

:censored: Really? That's interesting to hear. The place I go (Joseph's Fresh Market in Crystal Lake) had them in the fall but they're not carrying them now. There's a Caputo's in Arlington Heights I can hit up (Ideally I'd like the fresh peps too :shh: ) if they do not have any, I will hit you up on the offer for sure. Thank you Sam. I'll prob. try and cruz up before the Superbowl, my buddy Jeremy will be thrilled...he's got a soft spot for stuffed Ancients...lol

If you can't find any locally, I saved the seeds from a package of Ancient Sweets this past fall and I'm willing to trade. Cheers

Well, it seems you already have some generous folk to send you those, but I'll put my offer on the table, anyway! I have Ancient Sweet seeds, and am actually growing them this year, as well. If any offers don't work out, I can send you some. I love those peppers, can't wait to try some homegrown ones this summer/fall! Good luck!

hey 3/5K, seeing as you seem to be covered several times over, mind if i jack your thread?, im also looking for some ancient sweets seeds if there is someone who will send me some over to Aussie land.

Pardon me - I've never heard of this Ancient Sweet pepper - could anyone explain what it is please? Small world because I go to Joseph's and Caputo's all the time (same ones you guys frequent) but I don't see these peppers. I have successfully grown Melrose and Jalapeno peppers from seeds harvested from fresh Caputo's peppers last year though..

EDIT: I googled and now know exactly what you're talking about 3/5 King. We don't buy regular red sweet peppers anymore because the ancients are so much better :)

Wow, thanks everyone for all the offers! Are any of the seeds that you guys have not from a grocer? Just curious, I have this thing about growing peppers that have been mass produced by growers for grocery stores. Does that make sense? Isn't an Ancient Sweet a Heirloom variety? I don't even like growing seeds from packets at Home Depot or nurserys....yeah, I'm weird like that.

Hendrix- Ancient Sweets from the garden are sooooooo much better than store bought. You will be pleased.

FanMan- Go ahead and jack away, hope someone can get some to you as well. Or even better, I'll ask whoever sends me some, to send extra and I will pay it forward to you. I'll let you know when I get some and you can give me your addy.

SmokenFire- Ancient Sweets are waaaaay better than Red Bells, I love them. Nice to see another fellow Chicagoan!

Hey all, I've heard good things about the Ancient. I've been looking for these for a while also. If anyone would be willing to trade some, that would be awesome. Here is what I have:

• Antilles Fire
  • Trinidad Scorpion
  • Zimbabwe Bird Pepper
  • Goat's Weed
  • Cayenne Chile
  • Serrano
  • Some mystery Chocolate. I think it may be a Chocolate Habanero.
  • Devil's Tongue (Yellow) - (maybe 20 to 30 seeds total)
  • Citrus Basil
  • Tabasco
  • Tepin

Thanks!

Sam's club has them 2lbs for $6 I picked up a couple packs of them and saving the seeds but after some research I'm not so sure they will grow and if they do they'll probably not be anything like what we want. Still going to though.

Hendrix...your filthy sense of humor disgusts me, and by disgust I mean makes me laugh. Without noxious comedy I wouldn't exist!

Funny 3/5 I've been to Joseph's 3 times in the past 2 weeks since I've been out here. Before I came out this way for Bacio, the Caputo's in Elmwood Park had the peppers every time I was there. PM me Saturday night if you want me to check for them. I can swing by the Sam's in CL too, I gotta stop in there soon anyway.

I have a bag full of the peppers sitting in my refrigerator right now. I can take some seeds from the largest one which is almost 3 inches in diameter at the top. I'm not sure how many people might want these, but I'll send a packet of them (seeds) to the first 5 people who say they will send me a self addressed, stamped envelope, that is as long as there is the proper amount of stamps for it. I'll just send them out and it is up to the individual to make sure it is enough to get it to you. Tom

Back