• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Looking for another sauce

This time I'm trying to ease my wife into the wonderful world of hotsauce. She really is a beginner when it comes to spicy food, so I was thinking to get her something slightly sweet, fruity and very mild heat. And if it's low cal, that would be perfect :)

What can you guys and gals recommend me (...ehhhh her)?

Coop said:
This time I'm trying to ease my wife into the wonderful world of hotsauce. She really is a beginner when it comes to spicy food, so I was thinking to get her something slightly sweet, fruity and very mild heat. And if it's low cal, that would be perfect :)

What can you guys and gals recommend me (...ehhhh her)?

Low Cal, Low Carb, no sugar though, but has a real good flavor and is very mild...Three Hot Tamales "Cry Baby".

I also think that the Historic Lynchburgh Tennessee Whiskey Brand Jalapeno Hot Sauce is very good too.

Lastly, buy the Original "Ring of Fire" by M & D, and you put that on an egg omelet, and even if it makes her sweat a little, she love the flavor and be back for more. I did that with my Dad and he loves the stuff now. Which reminds me, today is pops birthday and I have to bring him a bottle with me to NY next weekend. :P

yea jalapeno sauces are mild, but for me I cant get past the flavor if its green jalapenos used :sick: (or any green sauces, which most times would mean unripe chiles used)

try " dat'l do-it, devil drops " datil chiles are used & fruity flavor.
IMO a very good flavor hot sauce & mild, I think it'd even go good with salads (this didnt dawn on me until the bottle was gone :doh: so never tried this)

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think I'm going to get her some of the 3 hot tamales stuff.

Got some goodies from Firefoods coming in for myself, just received a text from one of my colleagues that 'Mission Hot Stuff' was successfully completed (that would be picking up my Firefoods stuff at Blackbushe Market, always good to have colleagues who commute between 2 countries :))

Mission completed Coop:)Its nice to know you can now get a regular supply, enjoy my friend. Don't forget to post a pic of you in the hat;)

I got another bottle of the Reserve sauce as the first one is almost gone... No need to ration it anymore now :)

And I also got:

Spicy Apple Jam (which I just tried and I must say, it's a good thing I don't live in the UK, cos I'd prolly drive over to Firefoods HQ and steal their entire stock :D )

Tropical Fire Sauce (haven't tried it yet)

"Firecracker" Naga Sauce (haven't tried it yet)

Mango Fire Chutney (haven't tried it yet)

And ofcourse the Firefoods Beanie :)

All these goodies really wanted to get to me, because the airline my buddy used to fly back to the Netherlands lost his luggage twice on one flight...

And here's the requested pic:

CoopFFBeanie.jpg

I know, I look like I either just woke up or like I'm stoned out of my skull, but neither is true, try snapping a pic with flash of yourself while you're on your computer in a dark room with not much more ambient light than that of your screen....

The Firecracker is my joint favourite along with the Reserve, the heat is very similar. The Tropical Fire sauce is milder but really tasty, I'm certain you'll love them. Nice beanie ;)

Coop...my wife is trying to ease into hot peppers also...I started her with Stillmanz Mango, Paw Paw, & Habanero Hot Sauce...it is sweet and has a little heat to it...wife loves it...

061008003.jpg

Woody, does Bret have your products at Jungle Jim's International Market in Ohio? You have a very unique line that looks interesting.

Nice pic coop :)Just let me know if you need anything else and i will sort you out.
Buddah,
No i'm not in JJ could you hook me up or shall i give him a shout.
Its a shame i can't come over to one of the big shows in the states, although i've never looked into it i'm sure it would cost me a few thousand dolars, but one day trust me i'll be there.

Woody...I have not tasted any of your sauces but expect an order from me any day now...what do you recommend...I want great taste and HOT

Thanks RB...and I would hate for you to be woody if you know what i mean...

woody said:
Nice pic coop :)Just let me know if you need anything else and i will sort you out.
Buddah,
No i'm not in JJ could you hook me up or shall i give him a shout.
Its a shame i can't come over to one of the big shows in the states, although i've never looked into it i'm sure it would cost me a few thousand dolars, but one day trust me i'll be there.

The Weekend of Fire Show is the cheapest of the major events. A booth will only cost you $200 until July 1 when it goes up I think $25 more. The hotel rates are about $90/night, so the airfare and shipping of the sauce will be the part that kills you. Here is the Weekend of Fire link if you have any interest, there are still some booth room left:
Weekend of Fire

Bret's contact info for Jungle Jim's or the show is:

Bret Vitek – Hot Sauce and Fiery Foods Manager
Jungle Jim’s International Market
513-674-6000 Ext. 6208
Email: bvitek@junglejims.com

Remember, it's an international market, and Bret loves to add new company's sauces, as long as they do not have to be refrigerated. The store is quite the sight to see. I wish it was closer to me because I would shop there every week.

My girlfriend is from Cincinnati, and when she goes home to visit family she always stops at JJ's and brings me some new sauces to try! They have tons!!

Back