• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Looking for Bonnets

I live in Canada and looking for a source for GOOD Scotch Bonnet peppers to make some Trini style pepper sauce. Can anyone suggest a source where I could buy them and have the peppers shipped to me?

Thanks for your help!

Jeff Menzies

Welcome Pepper, nice original name;)
Where abouts in Canada are you? I guess your only looking for fresh SB's?

I don't live in Canada , I live in Texas , but I'm a member of Trinidad group that's about cooking inna' Trini style. It seems the folks in Canada use oriental markets. I guess it depends where you live. Check on oriental markets in your area .

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I believe there's a large west indian population living in Toronto. You can shop there if you're local. You will probably have better chance finding bonnets if you search out west indian/caribbean grocers in your local listings.

Many of the larger grocery stores around here(Y.I.G., Loeb/Metro etc.) have Scotch bonnets but they are shipped in small packages and are usually disgusting looking. In the west Safeway stores may have them

Howdy, I live one hour north of Toronto. I have found many stores that sell bonnets but none of them have had the heat or flavor of a goooood scotch bonnet. I need to take a trip in to Toronto!

I would gladly have them shipped to me.

Jeff

Back