wanted Looking for Hungarian Paprika Pepper Seeds

I have a friend who's not much of a hothead, but is getting into BBQ contests. He would like to grow some different paprika peppers himself so while experimenting with rub and sauce recipes he can smoke them with different woods, try different grinds, etc.

I've only got one Hungarian paprika variety in my collection (Kalocsai 601), so I was hoping someone here had some of these varieties and was interested in a trade? You can check what I've got for pepper seeds to trade on my profile page, or PM me with an email address for a list of tomatoes and other stuff I have available if you're interested in something else.

Looking for any of these:

Szegedi 20 - Trade Made
Szegedi 80 - Trade Made
Szegedi 178
Kalocsai V2 - Trade Made
Kalocsai 622
Kalocsai 801

Thanks for looking!

i have

Alma Paprika(mild and sweet)
Zoltan hot Paprika(hot)
and a mystery species paprika(sweet not heat)

im not sure what names they go by in Hungary however

im not officially selling right now but if you want a few just let me know, i would be glad to help

just let me know

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks Joe, I might take you up on that.

The varieties I've listed are some of the commercially grown varieties in two of the famous Hungarian paprika producing areas, Szeged and Kalosca.

Hi HC,
I have some Szegedi 80 seeds from a trade last year and I doubt I will use them. You are certainly welcome to them. PM me for my addy.
Thanks,
Susan

I can send you Kalocscai V2 and Szegedi 20. Seeds are from a commercial seed suplier (ZKI Hungary) and treated with TMTD. Is that ok for you ? PM me your address and I will ship it after Holidays. Seeds will come in the original package (around 100 seeds per pack). I would like from you only 10-20 seeds of Trinidad Perfume.
If interested I can also send you Macska Piros, from the same source.

I can send you Kalocscai V2 and Szegedi 20. Seeds are from a commercial seed suplier (ZKI Hungary) and treated with TMTD. Is that ok for you ? PM me your address and I will ship it after Holidays. Seeds will come in the original package (around 100 seeds per pack). I would like from you only 10-20 seeds of Trinidad Perfume.
If interested I can also send you Macska Piros, from the same source.

Thanks, PM sent!

Anyone over in Europe seen any PKI Kalocsai 622 (Kalocsai merevszárú)? I know it's available for home gardeners over there, but I haven't been able to find an online merchant for it who'll ship to the US.

Thanks, I'd sent them a message via the web site but not heard back. I may try one of the other email addresses listed if I don't hear back soon.

What's the difference between the different Szegedi paprika's? I ordered szegedi for next year?
There are detailed agronomical descriptions of the Hungarian paprika varieties developed at Kalocska and Szeged (two former state agricultural research stations, now grouped as a private company) on the web site I listed in the previous reply. From the culinary point of view - I don't know.

What's the difference between the different Szegedi paprika's? I ordered szegedi for next year?

The ones I listed are the ones with some of the higher pigment content and higher yields combined with early maturation, more details are at the web site as mentioned. The 178 and V2 are the hot paprika pepper varieties I'd wanted to try, the others listed are sweet. There are multiple varieties of Szegedi, which was one of the reasons I was trying to find the named ones. I will likely try calling their retail outlet next week if I haven't heard from them from the two emails I've sent.

Back