wanted Looking for long lost Serrano seeds

Years ago when I started growing peppers, Serrano peppers was one of the first peppers I grew. The plants were around 3 feet tall and loaded with peppers. The leaves and branches had little hairs all over the plant. I have grown quit a few plants from different seeds suppliers over the past few years and nothing grew or looked like the Serrano's I grew many years ago. I don't know if the plants I have grown in the past few year are the result of over cultivation and the genetics have changed or they are different strains.

I am looking to buy some seeds that will grow true to the plants I grew years ago. It has been 30 years or so.If anyone knows where I can aquire some seeds, I would surely appreciate it.

Scott

I have some seeds I saved from what is supposed to be a serrano pepper I got at the farmers market in KY this fall.

I am more then happy to send you some, just know I have not grown any out to know they are true or even viable.

Cheri

I grew a pepper called Sinahuisa this year. It is very similar to a Serrano. I mention it because you (OP) described your Serrano as having hairs on the leaves, as does Sinahuisa. Sinahuisa is a very productive pepper. The pod walls are a little thicker and juicier than the Serranos I grew next to it. I have saved plenty of seeds.

Back