wanted Looking for Pimenta da Neyde

anyone have the pimenta elisir "bhut x neyde" i have large 7pot, orange hab, bhut red, african bird eye, pimenta de neyde to trade.
seeds are on the plant yet, but sure they'll be ready by 2nd week of september.

Thats going to be a hard one to find... The seeds are held by an italian hybridization group. You pretty much have to join to get any seeds, and once you join, the first year you can only have two varieties of peppers. The second year is a different story.

From what I hear the heat is on par with a bhut. No idea with the flavor... Only guidance i can offer is that some of the ornamentals are unpleasant tasting (I don't like the flavor of purples - at least the ones I've tried so far).

there are a few on the forum that are members of A.I.S.P.E.S. (the italian hybridization group) and can better comment. they do make some beautiful peppers.

From what I hear the heat is on par with a bhut. No idea with the flavor... Only guidance i can offer is that some of the ornamentals are unpleasant tasting (I don't like the flavor of purples - at least the ones I've tried so far).

there are a few on the forum that are members of A.I.S.P.E.S. (the italian hybridization group) and can better comment. they do make some beautiful peppers.

Thanks jsschrstrcks, appreciate it. Yeah, I thought I had seen someone try one on youtube and they made an unpleasant face. But, you never know if that was just a bad pod or what. I like Zimbabwe Bird Peppers. Those things are hot and taste good. :)

I was interested in finding these also. How is the flavor and heat with these?
i compare to habanero heat.. hot enough to burn your throat..i ate a quarter pod just fresh from dehydrator and gave me 2 minutes of suffering lol. only the disapointing part is its very tricky when to pick them, for pods wont change color

i compare to habanero heat.. hot enough to burn your throat..i ate a quarter pod just fresh from dehydrator and gave me 2 minutes of suffering lol. only the disapointing part is its very tricky when to pick them, for pods wont change color

Thanks Peter. How did they taste?

Thanks Peter. How did they taste?
i didnt notice any sweetness, a little sour.. idk its weird.. instant burn.. maybe thats why i couldnt really tell the exact flavor.. i sowed 1 seed to try id ever it will germinate..10 days now and no sprout.. fingers crossed! i let you know guys if ever it will germinate. i will be glad to share the seeds.

Back