wanted Looking for Red Savina Habanero Seeds

I have been looking for decent quality Red Savina Habanero seeds for several months. I have ordered ~30 seeds from "seeds and things" on amazon, but none of the seeds have germenated. I planted them ~ 1 month ago but have not seen any sign of life to date. Can anyone assist me with procuring seeds?

Peppermania.com has them, all seeds i got from her germinated fine. Try the cup method for germination (search cups vs bags).

what temp did you keep them at? how deep? have you checked the growing media to see if you can see any sign of life (or death) from a seed?

Sometimes habs can be a bit slow to start.

soaking the seeds for a day or two before putting them into the germination trays/media/whatever you use can save quite a bit of time.

what temp did you keep them at? how deep? have you checked the growing media to see if you can see any sign of life (or death) from a seed?
I currently have the peppers planted in my 300ft plant nursery. Each seed is barely beneath the surface of the soil. I mix my own soil which consists of a high quality potting mix, peat moss, vermiculite, and perlite. I have several different seeds planted in the same tray that have successfully germenated. It is this that has allowed me to conclude that the seeds I have received from this rather suspicious seller well either quite old or poor in quality.

I picked up some seeds off amazon as well that I had bad germination rates with...

I'd given up on them, and set them aside for the peat pellets to dry back out, and this morning - with the peat pellets nearly completely dry, I found a chocolate hab poking out...

Just a suggestion. Peat often inhibits seed germination with Superhot Pepper seeds, not exactly sure why. I use either Oasis Horticubes or 3 oz Solo cups with the bottom half filled with peat, perlite, worm casting mixed "soil", then 1/8" of vermiculite, seed, and 1/8" vermiculite covering the seed. That leaves about 1/2" of empty cup.

I soak my seeds for 24 hours in a weak "tea" (PM me for specifics) before I plant them. Saturate the bottom peat mix with the "tea" before putting in the vermiculite and seed. Then spray the top vermiculite, seed, vermiculite with the same tea, cover and set aside for a few days.

When the seed sprouts and is about 1" tall, I finish filling the cups with more "soil" mix. This gives the plants deep roots without planting too deep. My seed mostly sprout in 5 to 8 days without bottom heat, but my grow room stays at 80 degrees during this time.

It works for me and I hope it works for you. Like I said, just a suggestion. Oh, I also have some Red Savina seeds I could share with you. PM me or email at: cltoll@hotmail.com (since I don't get on the forum real often)

Curt

Back