wanted Looking for seeds to start a business.

Hello, You probably have no idea who i am. Well this is not spam or anything trust me. I'm against as much as you probably are. But anyways. My name is Brandon. (Greenhouse4green is my YouTube page name and i couldn't put a 4 in the name on Facebook so it's greenhouseforgreen) I'm 15 years old and i love to garden been doing it my whole life. I own an organization called RockForward Farm which is my backyard about 8,000 square feet that is turned into a garden and 100% of the produce is going to the food pantry. I started this in December of last year and this is our first season of growing. But, i plan on my future to be with plants and what not (edibles and some flowers). I wish to start my own seed business and my seed collection is quite extensive. But Its not as big as it would take to make a nice size seed business. I was wondering if anyone would want to give me some seeds I have little money , since, I'm 15 and have no job, so no income. and also any money i do have goes to my Farm. i might not have what your looking for but if i do that great. If you dont want to follow threw with this. No harm no foul. I would love to have some but i cant stop you. But thanks anyways (if you read this far) lol
Thanks!- Brandon

wow,lol..... dude im not even sure what to say? i said welcome under the post you made in welcome! but i will have to say spam now!

good luck,,im betting you make 7 post and no one hears from you again?

I can trade if you willing but my seed pepper collection is just mostly sweet im trying to get into the hots anything hot really.
And Sicman I bet i stay with this forum for awhile i herd good things about this place from my friend victor

A local boy huh. Well if you send a SASBE to Ajijoe, he will send you a free lot of superhots. Although if you are trying to make money selling seeds, I would tend to think that people want to buy pure seeds. Unless you are buying them, then you really don't know what you are getting and I would think that would be getting the business off on the wrong foot.

Just an FYI

Good luck to you and your business though. I really commend you for growing and putting the donations towards a good deed. Stick around a bit and talk to people, once you've been around long enough to erase the title of SPAM then you will be received with more welcome.

In sayin' that, welcome from Outskirts of Chi-town. (Oh and everyone, this is a section for business and there is to be no discussion or critique......just sayin')

:hell:

(Oh and everyone, this is a section for business and there is to be no discussion or critique......just sayin')
Slam! :lol:

Welcome Greenhouse, I encourage you to get into the seed business.

As the season progresses, more folks will be offering seeds for SASBE in this forum. Get in the habit of checking daily for offers.

Also, here are a few sellers you might want to check out (and emulate):

http://sampleseeds.com/
http://www.gardenhoa...ut-garden-hoard all seeds are collected by the seller (!)

and of course...
http://pepperlover.com/

Selling seeds can be a real labor of love; let us know how it goes for you.

Actually if I could grow I would love to properly start a business (not that my mom is any help because she seems to love hybrids and nothing I like)

Do you plan on using paper packs or plastic?

plastic baggies do better then paper and help keep out water incase if someone recieves the mail on a rainy day. if you wanna trade man or send a sasbe i might have some things in the fall hit me up ill have around 250-300 varietys also check out semilles.de peppermania.com and join seed savers exchange and look through there membership catalog to get some rare heirloom varieties. id wait a few years before starting a buisness though its pretty easy to be overrun with orders i found that out the hard way lol

Oh no doubt

My orders from eBay I'll pack with paper packs then wrap in bubbles so it covers all the way around my logic is 1 paper is cheaper (at under like a penny a pack before printing and all that) and if there is some oddball chance the seeds are still a little wet they may dry out on the way --plus most of the trades I get use paper envelopes (here seems a plastic trend but elsewhere it's paper) so in theory my buyers are getting the best of both --and I'm kinda using eBay and outher small in general type scale to get familliar with the process and all (and dealing with customers)

(Oh and everyone, this is a section for business and there is to be no discussion or critique......just sayin')

Yes, this is a friendly post before warnings are handed out you guys know the deal.

i understand i have to wait awhile. plan on saving and grow and saving until i hit college and than do it for a couple more years and than have bulk amount of seeds and than start my business up.

Brandon,

I didn't realize how young you were. You might do some reading up on Jere Gettle, who is the founder/president of Baker Creek Heirloom seeds. I believe he was still in his teens when he started his company as well. He is still in his 30s (early I think, actually) and has a thriving seed business. His model/successes/failures are probably worth a look on his age similarities to you alone. But he's obviously been successful in his venture.

As others have mentioned, welcome aboard, stick around here to learn (and make sure you join some other garden forums as well if you want to offer a greater breadth of seed - www.idigmygarden.com, davesgarden.com, etc, etc.). Some great knowledge out there.

Good luck and can't wait to follow your progress.

Cheers,

-Eric

You mean the owner of idig? The website that dosent care if lies and cheats come back and does nothing when there website is linked in someone harassing you? Then they ban you for about nothing?

Sorry ill stick here bad experience there with what seemed like people that really did not care one lick I will not be doing anything to promote them and I will never go to his "shop" or whatever rubbish nor will I ever buy or knowingly get seeds from them --there forum to me is an example of how they are and if they could not work out issues on the forum then why would I want to support them?

Another thing to keep in mind --people that know prefer fresh seeds that are fully viable not 2-3 year old seeds that may not be as viable (all depends on storage tho)

Editing to say you should HEAR what was sent to my inbox about 20 times in a night from my personal site they even had the persons ip before they started spoofing and as far as I know NOTHING was done not even when the person (in indiana) was (which I thought was illegal?) pretending to be some rep from the business

You mean the owner of idig? The website that dosent care if lies and cheats come back and does nothing when there website is linked in someone harassing you? Then they ban you for about nothing?

Sorry ill stick here bad experience there with what seemed like people that really did not care one lick I will not be doing anything to promote them and I will never go to his "shop" or whatever rubbish nor will I ever buy or knowingly get seeds from them --there forum to me is an example of how they are and if they could not work out issues on the forum then why would I want to support them?

Another thing to keep in mind --people that know prefer fresh seeds that are fully viable not 2-3 year old seeds that may not be as viable (all depends on storage tho)

Well, Baker Creek has a pretty solid reputation for their seed selection and viability, AFAIK. Can't speak to the forum much anymore, as I don't frequent it, but I don't think forum goings-on are necessarily representative of the seed business itself.

To each their own...but if the forum is no longer great, that's fine. My statements about Gettle and Baker Creek stand, however.

In my mind the forum is a representation of the company I have heard of things not coming true from the company itself (the seeds) and if the forum will ban someone that was getting harassed and not do anything about the person that was harassing the person I think that speaks volumes

I literally can NOT repeat what was sent to my inbox like 20 times there were swears in it and it was so vile that I was for about 3 weeks AFRAID to look at my email because of it I added the ip to it which is how I know they were in Indiana (not the mosurri that bakers creek is in) and all I really saw/got before they banned me was "oh no our mods wouldn't do this"

And on the same level the mods couldn't compare the ip AND typing style from someone that under another username cheated many people (me included) to see they were the same person? When atleast some users could tell they were the same?

What piece of the puzzle am I missing here that this makes no sence?

Oh then there was also the time there that I explained many times what was going on and that with what I had and the person (because I replied to messages) dropped contact then they contacted a mod angry for whatever reason that what I sent wasn't good enough when I made *every effort* to say what I had and what was going on and if they just messaged me before contacting the mod but I guess they wanted to intimidate a new person to the forum to get them to caugh up what they didn't have?

Again my experiences that deter me from supporting them I personally think the people in charge of the forum should care a little more (my mom didn't even want me to file a police report to the harassment she just wanted me to run and pretend it never happened which lets face it only encourages it to continue targeting outher people) some of that can leave a SERIOUS impression on someone

Back