• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Looking for shrink bands

does anyone have a link or source for shrink bands? I used to get them from nicebottles on amazon but they have been out of the 52-46 that fit 28mm necks. I tried their 38mm and they are way too big, shrink all wrinkly and sad looking. 

Filmore has them at a reasonable price but then wants $16 for shipping which is absurd. 

Anyone else got any options? The capsule lid prices are a bit high as well $9 for 30

Edit to include question from Phartan-
"Posted Today, 11:27 AM
If the sauce is for personal use, are shrink-bands really necessary?"

No, but some people give away their homemade sauces as gifts and it just makes them look a little nicer.  Also, some people are licensed small batch processors who don't really need 25,000 :eek:  bands at one time.    :lol:

When I give away bottles it seems like the shrink wrap really impresses people. Makes it look more like you know what your doing lol.

Also if you give away salsa or something in a canning jar you can tell that it is sealed by looking at the lid, can't really do that with the plastic cap.

Walchit said:
Also if you give away salsa or something in a canning jar you can tell that it is sealed by looking at the lid, can't really do that with the plastic cap.
^ This.

Walchit said:
When I give away bottles it seems like the shrink wrap really impresses people. Makes it look more like you know what your doing lol.
I've been making (hobby) sauces for almost 5 years, and mine still look like I put them on with a Zippo :rofl:
I SUCK at it, lol

Back