grills Looks like this will be my Kamado Grill

I just made some smoked chicken legs/thighs and a pizza and tomorrow its baby back ribs and tri-tip. The more I use this grill/smoker/BBQ the more I like it. This was money well spent and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend one of these for those looking for a ceramic Kamado alternative.

SavinaRed said:
I just made some smoked chicken legs/thighs and a pizza and tomorrow its baby back ribs and tri-tip. The more I use this grill/smoker/BBQ the more I like it. This was money well spent and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend one of these for those looking for a ceramic Kamado alternative.

My words exactly after getting mine. Sucks I broke up with my girl a while back. I had it at her house and now its in storage as I live in a co-op and can't use it...

Sear off some steaks at 600 and you will be in for a treat!

PrimeTime said:

My words exactly after getting mine. Sucks I broke up with my girl a while back. I had it at her house and now its in storage as I live in a co-op and can't use it...

Sear off some steaks at 600 and you will be in for a treat!
I will give that a try when I get some Ribeyes. Thanks !

SavinaRed said:
Sunny and 70* today. Its time to bust out the Kamado from winter hibernation on some country style ribs tonight.

Reading the WSM thread today made me hungry for sum of dem dare ribs...................................

Let's see some smoking in that thing. I still haven't bought my new smoker yet, so it isn't too late to change my mind from the WSM.

SavinaRed said:
Sunny and 70* today. Its time to bust out the Kamado from winter hibernation on some country style ribs tonight.

Reading the WSM thread today made me hungry for sum of dem dare ribs...................................

Alaskan's  grill/smoke  all year long.

20 below?

No problem.

No really!

I did a long cook in the Akorn and it behaved pretty well, but I'm really looking forward to doing some straight up grilling on it later this week ...

I love the way you can turn it on and off and on and off w/o really having to interact w/ the fuel/tray etc ...

grantmichaels said:
I did a long cook in the Akorn and it behaved pretty well, but I'm really looking forward to doing some straight up grilling on it later this week ...

I love the way you can turn it on and off and on and off w/o really having to interact w/ the fuel/tray etc ...
I did some ribeyes last night. Had it cranked up to 600*

grantmichaels said:
Pics!

BTW ... I've been meaning to ask ... do you come across fine instances of CI in your wanderings often? ...
When I was collecting CI I came across it all the time but I stopped collecting/buying it as I have plenty for my home use. Most collectors go on ebay and sell, I'm not one of those people. I collected my CI for personal use. Best places to check are garage sales, estate sales, places like the goodwill, thrift stores and antiques shops. 

I'm going to have to buy it from a person who does that. There's a guy on YT that seems like a good source, I'll have to find the video again and track down his shop ...

I wondered if you sources yours, or bought them from someone else who did ...

Finally BBQ some baby backs I just put them on the grill after letting them rest fro several hours with the dry rub

Attachments

• ribs.jpg
    ribs.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 97
Sorry I missed that post SR.

Looks goodern' hell and I'd Chairman Mao 'em with extreme prejudice.

'Specially nice to see you didn't drown 'em in sauce at the end.

Good ribs need nothing other than teeth and a tongue.

Back