• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Lost identity of these plants. Rain smudged the marker off of the labels.

Hi all.

3 different plants here. 2 of them i'm pretty sure I remember a somewhat close identity. I'll start with the hard one first. 

This plant comes with a back story that you can find in my post history. This was supposed to be brain strain red from Bakers Peppers (he replaced the plants this year for free due to the mishap). I only first noticed when the pods were fully grown and didn't have a round shape. And then I had to wait to see how they ripened  They went from green straight to brown. Only comments i've got so far are either Chocolate Fatalii or Chocolate bhut jolokia. I've tasted it and it definitely has heat. I'm a pretty new grower and have only tasted fresh common peppers (jalapeno, habaneros, ect) and really hot sauces. I've never tasted a fresh super hot.
7hGWYpe.jpg

This one was supposed to be standard Habanero I think. Have not tasted yet.
D4mumdP.jpg

Lastly. This I think was some form of hot Cayenne. Tasted good and heat level around that of a similar cayenne I happen to taste recently.
22BWzid.jpg

First one looks like a choc bhut to me, if you have never eaten a superhot and only habanero type heat you should be able to dissiminate the difference between a fatalii and a choc bhut.  The bhut would be roughly double the heat I assume, so should be fairly easy to tell. 

Not the plant you ordered, but it looks like a nice variety to have. 

Buzzman19 said:
First one looks like a choc bhut to me, if you have never eaten a superhot and only habanero type heat you should be able to dissiminate the difference between a fatalii and a choc bhut.  The bhut would be roughly double the heat I assume, so should be fairly easy to tell. 

Not the plant you ordered, but it looks like a nice variety to have. 

I'm leaning toward choc fatallii. Staring at google images, the choc bhut pods seem to look way more rugged and ribbed. 

The second one looks like a hab as you stated, and the third appears to be cayenne in nature (strongly) - but may have a slight variation. As for the first - I've got no clue? If it lights you up like swallowing bright magma - you've got a super-hot cross indeed :D

Back