• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Louisiana hot sauce

Yes I realize that there are a ton of better sauces out there. But one of my favorite snacks is french fries dipped in Louisiana hot sauce. I just use it instead of ketchup. Can't argue with a big ass bottle for like .75 cents at the store either.

Go ahead, feel free to flame the noob for liking cheap hot sauce lol:hell:

I buy that stuff!

I use a whole bottle to marinate chicken. At .79¢ for 12 ounces, why not?

I used to mix it with ketchup to dip fries in...more viscosity!

chuk hell said:
I buy that stuff!

Hmm....marinade.....I'll brb.

chuk hell said:
I buy that stuff!

That stuff is too salty though, i prefer Franks at that point

marcosauces said:
That stuff is too salty though, i prefer Franks at that point

There was a good article on this company in an aviation mag. They've been in business since 1983 and own a cessna citation worth a few million. They are doing OK.

Blue's

Well, I just cooked that piece of chicken I started marinating yesterday. Something about the hot sauce made the outside of the chicken feel a little tougher/leathery than normal, i think it might have been all the salt or vinegar or something drying it out. Its not noticeable now that its been cooked, just the texture of the raw meat. Heh, if lousiana hot sauce can alter the texture of chicken, just imagine what a dorset naga could do to your anus on the way out. :lol: :(

The chicken is pretty good though, with nothing else on it. Coulda been a little better with a few more seasonings, but not bad. I cooked it on a george foreman grill, I love that thing.

Update: I just figured out what that little "something" that was missing was. McCormicks Carribean Jerk Seasoning. Just a dash in combination with that marinated in hot sauce is amazing. I'm going to mix jerk seasoning with the marinade next time.

I usually on marinate for an hour or so with that stuff...leathery..hmm.

I'd also use a little black pepper and garlic powder.

Back