• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lowes Gift Card

What to do what to do....deffinately going to need some potting soil, but that won't cost me $150. Thinking of building a hydroponics system for a couple plants, but not sure I want to or what the added benefit would be. Don't need any home repairs or anything, plus I was explicitly told this was to go towards my chile hobby or some other hobby.

What to do what to do?

What would yall do if you had $150 towards Lowes and wifey would be upset if it wasn't used towards your hobbies? I have most of the tools I need. Although I could use a good drill bit set.

What do you guys think of having a small hydroponics system...worth it? or just keep them in pots and the ground?

Well JustinNC .... As for myself .. and you asked ... I wouldn't/won't fool with hydro. Others like fooling with that tho. As far as soil goes , Lowes doesn't have what I like. So that's out .... They do have superthrive for when you transplant at around $10.00 a bottle. And 5 gallon buckets at $2.65 or so a piece. But I'm sure you wouldn't spend 150 bucks on what you need on those.

So ..... start a new hobby ..... or swap the G.C. with a friend and get what you want from else where. I'm joking ... I know how wifey's can be.

Good luck & Peace,
P. Dreadie

haha...thanks for the opinions...5 gallon buckets....got all I need of those lol...couldnt imagine having to pay for them.

As far as hydro goes...millwork, what do you have? Ive seen them vary so much I have no idea where to start....may or may not try it...depending on how complicated and labor intensive it is to maintain.

Well given that it is a gift card, you don't have to spend it all at once. Buy what you want now and save the balance for when you find something you just can't do without.

heck I bet I didnt spend $50 a year at lowes prior to gift cards...and growing peppers...and that's including a $20 gift card I get my dad every year lol...usually went to sears for tools and dumpster dive construction sites when I need lumber or plywood lol....filled in the gaps with the rest.

I've got my left foot in the dirt (my first love) and my right foot in hydro. A simple ebb and flow system would probably leave you with $50-75 of that for the dirt. Both sure keep me busy. Cheers.

Back