Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Foot-long Face-off goes to Long Beach, CA!

Morning folks! 

As you're probably aware, this weekend is the California Hot Sauce Expo in Long Beach, CA!! 

There are a bunch of cool contests & events scheduled, and I'm hosting one that I think will be as entertaining for the crowd as it will be challenging for the participants. It's a timed, hands-free eating competition. The Lucky Dog Hot Sauce "Foot-long Face-off"!  

Some of you may recall I did a THP-version of this contest, with THP-ers making youboob videos timing themselves doing this. Well that seemed too easy for some of our experienced chileheads, so this time I'm stepping it up a bit, adding more habaneros and using ~1/3 of a bottle of LDHS Black Label on every sammich, along with a tsp of ghost powder from Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders.  

Up to 10 competitors, the fastest to complete the challenge without touching their food with their hands will win a prize package consisting of a Lucky Dog Dia del Perro hoodie, Dia del Perro t-shirt or tank top, an 8-pack of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, LDHS Baseball cap,a set of 3 logo'd golf balls, a Dia del Perro poster, a pair of Dia del Perro pint glasses, and a Dia del Perro beach towel that's one of only 10 ever made. What a haul!!! Just added: 1 Extreme Membership to TheHotPepper.com! 
:woohoo: 

The winning contestant will earn it for sure. All live and in front of what is expected to be a sizable crowd! 

So if you're going out to the CA Hot Sauce Expo in Long Beach, be sure to get there by 1:00 PM on Saturday for the Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Foot-long Face-off!
:D

Love & hot sauce
<3

Scott
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce​

http://cahotsauceexpo.com/index.php

Jamison said:
Awesome! Really cool package!
Thanks! Added 2 LDHS shot glasses.

I went to kinkos and printed the cert - looks awesome. Will post a pic after the festival.

Switched to 7-Pot powder from Joyners as I was a bit low on ghost.

Joyner's red 7-pot is no joke - 1/4 tsp on a footlong along with the 9-10 habs (haven't decided yet - have to see the size tomorrow) plus a healthy dose of Black label - yeah, that'll be warm.
:rofl:

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Switched to 7-Pot powder from Joyners as I was a bit low on ghost.

Joyner's red 7-pot is no joke - 1/4 tsp on a footlong along with the 9-10 habs (haven't decided yet - have to see the size tomorrow) plus a healthy dose of Black label - yeah, that'll be warm.

You keep saying 7-pot ...

;)

grantmichaels said:

You keep saying 7-pot ...

;)
First time someone gave me one they said it was a "7-pot"

When I asked why, they said "one pod is enough for 7 pots of curry"

Since then I've heard both "7-pot" & "7-pod" - they both seem right to me. I go with what I heard 1st.

grantmichaels said:
Sez you.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
First time someone gave me one they said it was a "7-pot"

When I asked why, they said "one pod is enough for 7 pots of curry"

Since then I've heard both "7-pot" & "7-pod" - they both seem right to me.

Sez you.

No, I'm on the other side ...

I'm a 7-pot guy ...

I just happen to be sure of what the JHP's say on them and I know your a stickler for grammar and capitalization, LOL ...

Rymerpt said:
Dang it I soooo want to do that and LDHS + Joyner's Hot Pepper Powder sounds epic. Wish i could go. Alas I must nose to the grind stone.
Bummer, would have been nice to see you.
:cheers:

My hope is that with a nice prize package, and the (mistaken) belief that habaneros aren't very hot (after all, it's not a scorp or a reaper, right?) that we'll get a full contest.

And same rules as before - if a piece of the sammich hits the ground, you'd best be picking it up off the ground with your face, or its ovah!

Can't wait to see 10 people attempt this at once. :dance:
grantmichaels said:

No, I'm on the other side ...

I'm a 7-pot guy ...

I just happen to be sure of what the JHP's say on them and I know your a stickler for grammar and capitalization, LOL ...
Damn skippy - don't you forget it!

And I've seen it ok products both ways too. Joyner's ain't the only one.

His is probably the hottest I've had, that's for sure.

This is going to be hilarious!  I hope my booth is where we can watch!

Awesome prize package, Scott.

Might have to do that...it would be worth all the whining I'd have to listen to....:lol:

Back