• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Lucky Dog Pink Label

I recently purchased some Lucky Dog Hot Sauce after reading all the amazing reviews on these forums and elsewhere. The one that I had seen being talked about the most was the Black Label and I decided I'd give it a go, well I thought I might as well get the Pink Label too being an extra hot sauce. Well like most people when the sauces arrived I immediately cracked open the Black Label and loved it and thought "Wow this is the best hot sauce I've had" and I didn't touch the Pink Label until the black was almost gone. Well I finally opened the Pink Label and the first thing you smell when you open it is a nice smoky flavor. So I put a drop or 2 on a spoon to see how the taste held up, and of course it was amazing. The first thing you taste is the sweetness of the pears which complement the habaneros very well, then you get the garlic, and then the heat starts to come in ( it's not extreme heat that would overwhelm the other flavors but a nice tingle if you would.), and then it ends with a nice smoky flavor that sticks around awhile.They both had amazing flavor and I would eat both of them on pretty much anything, but the Pink Label just really stood out to me I felt that it had a little more heat than the Black Label.  I feel like the pears matched with the habaneros, and the apple wood smoked sea salt just made this sauce stand out on my taste buds. The Pink Label is such a great sauce I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it I've had it on burgers, venison, pizza, eggs, and just about anything else, it adds such a complexity to food it's almost impossible to enjoy a meal without it!

I'd love to try all the different sauces but my husband is allergic to garlic and I'm not a big fan :confused:  so I have to stay away from everything that has garlic in it :tear:

Oh wow that stinks, I think I use garlic in everything. I have not had any of the other Lucky Dog Sauces but the Pink and Black Labels defiantly have garlic in them but the garlic isn't overwhelming so you might like them, no one flavor is overpowering which is very nice.

If you liked the Black Label I bet you'll like the Pink Label too!

Nulle said:
I'd love to try all the different sauces but my husband is allergic to garlic and I'm not a big fan :confused:  so I have to stay away from everything that has garlic in it :tear:
A fate worse than death for me. So you can't eat Italian food at all I'm guessing? I can't think of a single Italian dish (besides desert) that doesn't have garlic. And most Asian, middle eastern and Indian as well for that matter.

Jeez - what do you eat? :doh:

The only reason i've never tried them is bcuz habanero sauce are never hot to me and i eat hot sauce to burn my face off with a great flavor.....but i have heard nothing but great reviews about the sauces i'm debating whether to just go ahead and buy them anyways :)

Kingchile - I'm more about flavor than heat, for sure. If you're looking for an endorphin rush I'll say don't order, as my product line is unlikely to deliver. You'd be far better off buying a raw pod an biting right into it.

That said, my Pink Label is a habanero/Serrano/ghost pepper blend. There's respectable heat from the ghost & the habanero flavor is a bit muted by the presence of the Serrano.

My goal as a saucemaker is to create products with layered and complex flavor profiles. If you're looking for liquid fire there are plenty of brands to choose from.

Thanks for considering my sauces. :cheers:

its not just the high....i love eating stuff that makes my mouth feel like im sucking on a red hot branding iron! :D BUT with great flavor!

Twice the Spice said:
I love extremely hot non-extract sauces, this sauce isn't one of those but what it lacks in heat (for those who eat extremely hot things regularly ) it makes up for in flavor ten fold.
Good way to describe it. Flavor wins out over heat on these sauces.

Back