• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

M Fing mice

millworkman

Extreme Member
We got mice in our crawlspace and they are coming up to visit us. Not a whole lot of fun. Setting traps and getting new foundation vents cause the ones on the house are crappy and broke. Need to call exterminator tomorrow.

What are you using for bait? I have found that peanut butter works the best.
Good luck getting rid of them.

Been using peanut butter and it has worked. Today I was tearing apart a wall where I knew they were coming from and found a corn/ratsnake had just finished off a nest of babies. I guess that is one way to do it. I tried to get the guy but he slithered away from me and I will have to try again tomorrow.

boooooo..we know you're just trapping the mice for their fur! Then you attacked that poor defenseless snake. For shame! I'm calling PETA pronto!!

use the invisible death ray on them...

The traps only work if you have just a few, if you have a large infestation you need rat poison to get rid of them. Just be sure to watch your pets closely so they don't find any recently poisoned mice and eat them. If you use the traps get the large black plastic traps the smaller wooden traps don't work. Dead mice in the attic of walls stink to high heaven. :banghead:

yeah, dead mice/rats/squirrels in the walls stinks horribly. One of the worst smells though, because it is so odd, is dead Snake in the walls. It has the dead rotting smell, mixed with a weird burning electronics and vinyl couch covering smell.

Good luck getting rid of them. hopefully they haven't chewed up a bunch of your wiring.

Back