• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Mad Dog 357 magnum 5,000,000 scoville extract

I have a few bottles like this that were gifts -- they become pretty useless if you dont mix into anything -- make a batch of wings or chili - I have grown to really really like powders lately - I know whats in them and I dont get gut wrenching cramps like extracts give plus the taste is soooo much better

I want some of this.. I think the bottle looks cool.

I'll stick to my Source for when I want something spicy though, probably won't open this if I get it

It's a pretty sweet looking bottle, especially since it's so small.

I made some atomic chili the other day for my friends and I to try to eat, and added 1 tablespoon of Dave's Ghost Pepper, and quite a bit of this stuff. Let's just say that it was barely edible. I was only able to eat 4 bites of it before my mouth was on fire, and I began to drool pretty badly. This stuff is not to be messed around with! Still a great one to have in your collection, just in case you want something SUPER hot!

I will have to order my self a bottle to try the taste test but im not really a fan of any sauce that has extract in it i like mine all natural

I will have to order my self a bottle to try the taste test but im not really a fan of any sauce that has extract in it i like mine all natural

This stuff isn't even a sauce at all. It is pure 100% pepper extract! So if you don't like sauces that contain extract, you will hate this stuff! The taste is horrible, and the heat is unimaginable, but nothing is better if you want to make something atomic!

Here ya go.

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

Just to clear something up Wasatch and Paul, Z contains 4mil extract, but it is not 4mil, net scovies. That is just one of the ingredients in the bottle. Not sure what the total net scoville units are, but definitely not 4mil. Still hot though. Oh and whoever was talking about the Source, you're nuts! That stuff is 7 million SCU. I had a toothpick once and that was enough to hurt me for over an hour.

Well I ended up picking up a bottle of this for around $37 (still a lot of money for 1.7oz, I know). This stuff has to be the hottest shit on this planet! I took a toothpick tip of it, and the burn was absolutely insane! Made all sauces taste like ketchup! This stuff is seriously dangerous! I couldn't even imagine what eating anything more than toothpick of it would do to a person.

Ask HotPooper

Here ya go.

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

I sell both Z Beyond Nothing and Mad Dog 5million on my site just for the people who always say I can handle anything nothing is hot enough for me. Personally I don't like the taste of extract sauces. Now with CaJohn's Z Beyond Nothing it isn't actually rated at 4 mill it just contains 4 mill extract in it. Could be a few drops could be half a bottle you don't know, so I can't actually say what it would be rated at. I do know that it is extremely hot and much hotter than any other sauce I have tried including Blairs.
So if you want it for a bit of fun/dare or to add a few drops to your cooking then it does kick up the heat but if you want to eat it straight it doesn't really have much flavour to it, although it was voted as best tasting extract sauce at the Golden Chile. I guess it tastes a little bit better than others due to the lots of fruit in it.

. Oh and whoever was talking about the Source, you're nuts! That stuff is 7 million SCU. I had a toothpick once and that was enough to hurt me for over an hour.

I'm going to have to buy another bottle soon, I used most of it xD

(not all on me though, my friends will occasionally try it)

Sez it on my bottle.

oops.....didn't see posts above^^^ well I know I saw somewhere the rating of CaJohns Z but I don't remember where...oh well..I've found that sauces that cost more usually are more true to their SHU. I mean it makes sense that if it's cheap either it's going to be hot and taste like chit or it's not going to live up to its SHU.

I personally like the product very much. In my opinion the price is very reasonable. Sure you can get 1M extracts for under $20 but this isn't 1M, it's 5M. It takes 5X the amount of peppers as the 1M to make this extract.

The taste is bad but neither super strong nor horrendous. I wouldn't advocate incorporating it in a dish hallmarked by subtle flavors. With that said, if you add it to a dish which is bursting with robust flavors then I doubt that the extract taste would really be noticeable. It isn't to me.

The extract is indeed quite thick. I really wish that Mad Dog had incorporated an eyedropper into the bottle's top. It would make administration easy and then you also wouldn't have the waste of all that precious extract which adhered to the dropper. The stuff really is incredibly viscous. I use a chop stick. I dip the chop stick into the bottle and then into whatever food I happen to be preparing.

One time I dipped a chop stick 1"+ into the bottle, stuck it into my mouth and swished the contents around for 10-12 seconds before swallowing. The pain was excruciating. Tears were flowing so hard I was essentially blind. The burn felt like I was searing tissue, particularly in my throat. I had a good 15 minutes of panic and agony following by another 15 minutes of tolerable pain.

I personally like the product very much. In my opinion the price is very reasonable. Sure you can get 1M extracts for under $20 but this isn't 1M, it's 5M. It takes 5X the amount of peppers as the 1M to make this extract.

The taste is bad but neither super strong nor horrendous. I wouldn't advocate incorporating it in a dish hallmarked by subtle flavors. With that said, if you add it to a dish which is bursting with robust flavors then I doubt that the extract taste would really be noticeable. It isn't to me.

The extract is indeed quite thick. I really wish that Mad Dog had incorporated an eyedropper into the bottle's top. It would make administration easy and then you also wouldn't have the waste of all that precious extract which adhered to the dropper. The stuff really is incredibly viscous. I use a chop stick. I dip the chop stick into the bottle and then into whatever food I happen to be preparing.

One time I dipped a chop stick 1"+ into the bottle, stuck it into my mouth and swished the contents around for 10-12 seconds before swallowing. The pain was excruciating. Tears were flowing so hard I was essentially blind. The burn felt like I was searing tissue, particularly in my throat. I had a good 15 minutes of panic and agony following by another 15 minutes of tolerable pain.

LMAO...aughhhhh the joys of being a chili head. 15 minutes of panic...that sounds about right.

LMAO...aughhhhh the joys of being a chili head. 15 minutes of panic...that sounds about right.

It really was wild. It really felt like someone had put a blow torch to the back of my throat. It felt like I was literally burning tissue. My throat felt sore that night and throughout the following day. My tongue felt like it had been burned but that feeling subsided within 12 hours. I can't even begin to express the relief I felt when I concretely knew that the exquisite pain was finally beginning to subside.

Back