• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Majority rules

What pod colour takes your fancy?

• White

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Green

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Orange

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Red

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Omnicolor

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Purple

• Pink

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • The Infamous Black

• Brown

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
I had to go red on ya bro. Used to be orange of course a decade ago with good 'ol orange hab, but my current fave ripens red. Real whites and the browns are very intriguing though. Yellows are pretty, but always seem to lack intensity to me (as PRF said I think) Haven't pulled off many yellows yet though to be fair...

I havent ever grown peppers before but I had decided I really liked habs and wanted to grow them, primarily because of the peachy orange color of the ones that were given me. since I came here and saw all of the beautiful yellow peppers grown here and tried some yellow pepper powder, I just really had to grow some yellow peppers. Yellow flowers are my faves and yellow scorpions look like flowers to me. I think three of the peppers I am growing are yellow. with one orange and one red.

This is bloody difficult, mate!

It's like choosing a favourite M&M flavour...! :-)

I voted red because I really believed it, but now it's yellow. (Or brown....!)

Tough choice but I went with yellow today. Tomorrow it could change.:lol:

I voted yellow, on looks not taste. I love the beautiful Aji Limon, But for taste I like red, Donne Sali, Bhut's.... These red ones make my head sweat more than any other.
And if my head aint sweatin' then it aint hot! :)

Why am I the only one that voted black? FYI, I meant Black Nagas and Scorps ... not Black Pearls ...

Otherwise it is yellow ... Fataliis are absolutely beautiful.

I know this thread is supposed to be about pod color, but I would like to hijack it and change it into a Majority Rules, Nova Bring Back the Fail-O-Meter Thread. What say you all?

JayT said:
I know this thread is supposed to be about pod color, but I would like to hijack it and change it into a Majority Rules, Nova Bring Back the Fail-O-Meter Thread. What say you all?

I second.

JayT said:

Anything is better than the signature he has now...

It's a toss up between orange and bright yellow. But actually I love all of the colors because I jar and sell them and the variety of colors makes them look appealing to the eye in the jar. The only color I have a problem with is purple. Once it hits vinegar for pickling, it is no longer purple. I had a purple jalapeno turn green and a purple aurora turn white.

color doesnt matter to me much cuz its the type of chile & its flavor. some of my favorites are yellow, red, brown, orange.
I guess nova should get a fail for not giving a option for - doesnt matter much about color as long as they're ripe.

Back