• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

making a lightbox

Hi all

I'm thinking about building a low cost lightbox, I got some used woods and I drew a sketch, very ugly but easily understadable..

I have not clear what kind of light and how much I need, can you help me?

Do you think that it have the correct size?

thanks to all....

Hi all

I'm thinking about building a low cost lightbox, I got some used woods and I drew a sketch, very ugly but easily understadable..

I have not clear what kind of light and how much I need, can you help me?

Do you think that it have the correct size?

thanks to all....

I use a 3 shop-light fixtures with two 48" tubes in each for total of 6 bulbs. Used 6500K lights. Hung lights from ceiling in basement. Set seedlings/plants on folding table. Draped mylar emergency blankets on sides for reflectivity. I germinated and grew 75 seedlings with this basic set up. Not including the table, I think I've got about $50USD into it. It doesn't look like much but it gets the job done. Used about 24X50" of space.

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

Nice and healthy plants, I like your configuration, but 48" is bigger than my box I have only 90cm and 48"=121cm , but thanks for the answer

are 36W bulbs?

some other options?

thanks...

Nice and healthy plants, I like your configuration, but 48" is bigger than my box I have only 90cm and 48"=121cm , but thanks for the answer

are 36W bulbs?

some other options?

thanks...

Yes, 36W bulbs. They are T8. Some will recomend CFL but I Looked at them and for the price per lumen it is hard to beat the 48" tube.

I would make your box bigger.

Back