• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

tutorial Making some puree today...will post pics of the process....it's easy....

AJ's puree is for true magical hotness.

And no wonder, his plants which are the source of those puree's, are damn gorgeous.

Could it be the magic rabbit poop he uses in the soil?

Whatever it is, the rats in his neighborhood are McLovin' AJ's pod's.

Ike is such a pretty boy!

True story.

102009a001-1.jpg

So do:
Bears
Snakes
Cape Buffalo
Tigers
Spiders
Sharks
Hippos
Rhinos
Crocs
Gators
Chuck Norris
Ninjas
Zombies
Superman
Batman
Gorillas
Apes
Ted the Idiot
PMD
Moyboy
Stingrays
Whales
Lions
Leopards
Heart Disease
Cancer
The Common Cold
Castro
Al Quaida
North Koreans
MMA fighters
Professional Wrestlers
Manny Pacquio
and...
Sicman

Hey AJ...you wouldn't happen to have a spare dehydrator layin around...ya know...since the day after I told you my cheap one was working fine...and then crapped the bed 10 hours into a double batch... :(

*Making a Caribbean Red puree now...WOW...you're not kidding. Great preservation of taste. I sub'd turbinado sugar, and making a x3 batch, so out of 180mL of vinegar, I used 100 white, 80 apple cider.

Gonna cook it down just a little...it's already fairly thick...had to add a spash of water.

I have a turd-load of those giant caribbean reds...I will be trying this soon. I wanna make some sauce, but need a base.

I have to ask...when you cook the peppers down that long, do you notice that metallic extract taste in the result? I made marinara with some savinas last year, and after simmering it down for a few hours...teasted great, but a slight twang like I dropped a penny in there.
LB,

When you were making your marinara sauce were you using a canned tomato product? If so,what helps in the early stage of the rolling simmer add a tbl of baking soda. After a short time you'll skim the surface til all the scum disappears. That process will eliminate any of the "tinny" taste from those gallon Marzano cans.
Also, stainless is the way to go when making the "Gravy" or hot sauce`

Greg

Pic...thanks...I think you may have found the culprit...although I use a lot of canned maters off season and never get the taste...but that may have been it.

AJ...you sure it's rats eating your bonnets and not grasshoppers? I found a big bastard standing right over a fresh hole in a pod...dunno...

Springy bastids...

Man...the caribbean red puree I made today was so intense...none of the heat cooks out...all of the flavor is there...and I couldn't stop taste-testing it.

This is a game changer.

hey Jedi...is that an aluminum pot you are cooking in?...you should really use stainless or some other "non-reactive" metal for cooking with vinegar...

Back