• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Maligator's Grow Log

Well, I figured I should probably begin an online growlog. I have been keeping a personal grow log in MS Word but it's time to share my adventure with those of you that have helped make it an easier task.
I would also like to thank those of you that have been so keen to answer questions and help out someone who is trying this for the first year! I planted my first seeds on 13 Mar 2010. Here are a few photos I have taken since then:

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

Hey Mal, as a long time 4th generation Pacific Northwestern, expect the season to last to about mid September or so. Keep an eye on weather forecasts and be ready to pull any plants inside that you plan to over winter if lows are forecasted below the mid 40s. I will echo the first year blues, and hope we have a MUCH better start to the season next year.

yay, things are looking good for you Mali!

I grew up in Skagit county, north of you. I don't remember a huge frost threat until Nov-Dev. But it's that infamous RAIN that gets things mucky.

I'm setting you up for a huge electrical bill...but...I wonder if you could finish the season with the plants in the garage, lights and some heat? Remember I'm a first year grower also, so maybe someone else could say if that's a good idea or not.

One of my mystery peppers is starting to ripen like the one you posted. Maybe Hungarian carrot...now I'll HAVE to leave it there and let it ripen!

Back