• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Man VS Food

This show on the travel channel is pretty damn good.

I have seen it 5-6 times.

He is always challenged to eat HUGE quantities of some awesome food (like quad's patty melt ;)) and 1/2 the time, the food is super spicy!

It looks legit.

He had to eat like 48 spicy hand rolls, each set was more spicy than the last, and they detailed what peppers went into it to make it hotter.

Very Cool show regardless.

He visits some to die for restaraunts. Last night, it was a humongous fried pork chunk burrito.

IT LOOKED SO FREAKISHLY GOOD!

It was the spice that really got me TB.

The sushi specifying the different chiles (nothing cooler than habaneros, but it's a start) was awesome.

I like the Head bands and the Warrior thing -- but what are the asian peppers that they said were hotter than a Hab?

LUCKYDOG said:
I like the Head bands and the Warrior thing -- but what are the asian peppers that they said were hotter than a Hab?

DOH! I heard that from the other room but missed it!

I could have kicked myself. Either a chance to cry foul, or learn something!

a quick google turned up "ghost pepper"

Wasn't that the name for a naga in some parts of India????

EDIT: DOH! Bhut Bitches.

First time I've seen that on cable!

OK TB, A BHUT JOLOKIA ON MAN VS FOOD???? Step Off! lol.

He says he is not a professional eater.

That is what's good about the show. It is more than just some guy stuffing his face.......although some shows (like the biggest hamburger one) are that one dimensional.;)

But in that one he still visited some other awesomely cool place before going to the burger place.

That show is cool to watch. I also saw the one where he had to eat the ten hand rolled sushi thingies and then got a head band. Know how awesome that would be to walk in and have all them fools bow to you...I wana be a warrior but man them ghosts would come back to haunt you later that night I bet.

cheezydemon said:
DOH! I heard that from the other room but missed it!

I could have kicked myself. Either a chance to cry foul, or learn something!

a quick google turned up "ghost pepper"

Wasn't that the name for a naga in some parts of India????

EDIT: DOH! Bhut Bitches.

First time I've seen that on cable!

OK TB, A BHUT JOLOKIA ON MAN VS FOOD???? Step Off! lol.

Seen that one with the pho noodle joint and the cat cooking it up with the face mask on and all. When he and the 2 chicks were eating it, they weren't all up in a tizzy about it. Good entertainment bang for the buck for sho' but I'm skeptical about the actual heat. Actually the show should be produced different with another title. This would be better...

MAN & BEER VS. BACON & CHILE'S

Salute', TB.

LUCKYDOG said:

They didn't say but there are a few. I particularily liked the San Antonio episode (1st of this season) with Adam eating the "Four Horsemen" burger that has jalapeño, serrano, habanero and bhuts. He pulled it off along with eating the "kitchen sink" sundae in San Francisco that has 2 gallons of ice cream and toppings on it!

actually just 10 of those tuna rolls ;)

but, yes, it's a good show. makes me hungry every time.
I really wanna try that "Four Horsemen Burger" with naga, habanero, serrano, jalapeño and hab sauce on it. looked like it was a challenge for him :P it's the first episode of season 2 if anyone is interested! should not be too hard to get if you do that kind of stuff :>

I think the burger was at Chunky's in San Antonio, Texas, anyone on here tried it btw?

munchzilla said:
actually just 10 of those tuna rolls ;)

but, yes, it's a good show. makes me hungry every time.
I really wanna try that "Four Horsemen Burger" with naga, habanero, serrano, jalapeño and hab sauce on it. looked like it was a challenge for him :P it's the first episode of season 2 if anyone is interested! should not be too hard to get if you do that kind of stuff :>

I think the burger was at Chunky's in San Antonio, Texas, anyone on here tried it btw?

No, but I'm going to try making it at home very soon.

just saw the Man V Food episode where he eats a burger topped with Bhut Jolokia's. He sat through some serious pain and you could tell by the facial transformation / droppy red bagged eyes / tapping of the foot / sweat etc. That would have been painful, but other episodes I agree are completely over exaggerated and seem spicy but nothing outrageous.

there was a 16oz curry he ate that he claimed was 60 times hotter than a Jalapeno (which he rates at 8,000SHU so that would mean 16 ounces of 480,000 SHU!!!). I think what he should have said was that Habaneros are in the mix but the curry overall isn't 60 times a jalapeno.

Imagine eating a 16 ounce liquid at 480,000 SHU??

Still impressive though what he pulls off, especially those bhuts on a burger....and there wasn't just one of them either!

Then there was the episode where he was at Hell night and had the pasta with 3 nagas in it... That was entertaining.

Ballzworth said:
just saw the Man V Food episode where he eats a burger topped with Bhut Jolokia's. He sat through some serious pain and you could tell by the facial transformation / droppy red bagged eyes / tapping of the foot / sweat etc. That would have been painful, but other episodes I agree are completely over exaggerated and seem spicy but nothing outrageous.

there was a 16oz curry he ate that he claimed was 60 times hotter than a Jalapeno (which he rates at 8,000SHU so that would mean 16 ounces of 480,000 SHU!!!). I think what he should have said was that Habaneros are in the mix but the curry overall isn't 60 times a jalapeno.

Imagine eating a 16 ounce liquid at 480,000 SHU??

Still impressive though what he pulls off, especially those bhuts on a burger....and there wasn't just one of them either!

I think many of us here on the forums could take on the Four Horsemen burger with few problems. Three bhut jolokias (the number that was on this burger) with food aren't too bad. Just two days ago I had one bhut with my breakfast and two with my supper.

Actually, the hypothetical 16 ounces of 480k SHU liquid you mentioned sounds more daunting. That's more than three 5 oz. bottles of around a half-million SHU hot sauce, all in a row. What would scare me is being on the toilet the next morning after consuming all of that.;)

chuk hell said:
It's on my agenda! San Antonio is only an hour and a half from here! :hell:

How you been my Texican friend? Possible LP Jr. purchase this weekend! That brings the heat like any bhut!

Salute', TB.

Back