• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Marco's "Not Yet Famous" Hot Sauce

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Product Reviewed:
Marco's "Not Yet Famous" Hot Sauce
Company:
Marco's Sauces, LLC
www.marcosauces.com
TheHotPepper Member:
marcosauces
Listed Ingredients:
Water, distilled vinegar, crushed tomatoes, roasted red peppers, roasted green chilies, roasted onion, habanero peppers, carrots, roasted jalapeno peppers, lemon juice, roasted garlic, sugar, salt, natural gum (guar gum, xanthan gum, gum arabic).
Label/Packaging:
Professsional looking, colors go well with flavors.
Heat Index:

This is a taco sauce! That's what I thought as soon as I tasted it. It has a nice rustic flavor, and all the roasted ingredients come together nicely to give it a "taco seasoning" type flavor... but these are fresh ingredients, not dry spices.

I tried the sauce on chicken tacos and beef fajitas. It's not one of those all purpose red sauces that you can use on anything. Most of those are great on tacos too. But if you want a sauce that adds the flavors that go perfectly with tacos and other Mexican food, check this sauce out.

The heat is okay. There is a little burn, but it disappears fast and what lingers is a mild heat.

Planning a taco party? Have plenty of this sauce on hand. Try adding it to your taco meat in the cooking process instead of one of those cheap packets.

Attachments

• marcostaco.jpg
    marcostaco.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 155
  • marcosfajita.jpg
    marcosfajita.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 155
  • marcosbottle.jpg
    marcosbottle.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 139
i agree with you 100% on the tacos. when i first got the sauce i was trying it on some various chicken meals and it was good, but it kind of stood out on its own on the chicken i made. with a taco it adds its flavor and you can taste it, but it blends in with the overall flavor of the taco too which is great. a match made in heaven!

i think its because the sauce has a fairly complex flavor. on the chicken i had, the flavor of the sauce overwhelms the chicken, but the taco (and all the toppings) don't get lost in the flavor of the sauce. at the same time, you can still taste the sauce pretty easily so its a perfect combination.

sadly, after a few taco dinners i am either completely out of the hot sauce, or i have a tiny bit left. going to have to order some more..hopefully i'll be able to tack on some of the red savina salsa as well. :mouthonfire:

You know what guys...i never tried on tacos..!!!!
haha..that is funny :onfire:
Now try it on salmon and shrimp...you will be surprised..!!!
Thanks for the good words and the red savina is coming..just too darn busy lately...

marcosauces said:
You know what guys...i never tried on tacos..!!!!
haha..that is funny :onfire:
Now try it on salmon and shrimp...you will be surprised..!!!
Thanks for the good words and the red savina is coming..just too darn busy lately...

I had it on tacos again tonight! You know what, I was also thinking this would be good on fish. Hey... fish tacos!

Well...don't know about fish tacos....but shrimp kabobs and salmon kabobs are awesome with this, goto the website i got good recipes for salmon and shrimp...

marcosauces said:
Well...don't know about fish tacos....but shrimp kabobs and salmon kabobs are awesome with this, goto the website i got good recipes for salmon and shrimp...

I haven't tried this, but based on Marco's salas, I'm sure it's wicked good!!

marcosauces said:
Ohhh Uncle Big...you gotta try the Red Savina salsa....pretty good stuff..!!!! perfect heat and flavor...

I know Marco, I know.
If it wasn't for Bin Laden and his associates, it would be just that much easier to bring product up from the U.S. without having to grab your ankles with customs.
Soon buddy, soon.

Uncle Big said:
I know Marco, I know.
If it wasn't for Bin Laden and his associates, it would be just that much easier to bring product up from the U.S. without having to grab your ankles with customs.
Soon buddy, soon.

Ya Big..customs sucks this days, i had to go thru hell to send a bunch of cases to Italy..!!

Back