• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment Marcosauces new HOT salsa for testing

Guys,
i have a new Salsa going retail in about 3 months i need people to taste and give me REAL feedbacks. I know you guys are the ones for the job, so i will take the first 10 PM message with address and send my test products to you.
Ohhh...its my new RED SAVINA ROASTED VEGETABLE SALSA (HOT)
Thank you....

Thanks all of you for the great feedbacks i am receiving, we had some of this salsa at the show this weekend and we DID shut up a lot of people, especially the ones they were asking for the "gimme the hottest you got..!!"..:P
thanks again..

Marco,

I agree with the majority a very tasty salsa. Took your advice and finished the jar last night wife added Tinas cheese spread to your salsa and made a queso dip that really rocked! I think it's some of the finest tasting salsa I liked it more after it was opened the heat went up but that awesome roasted vegatable flavor is still there. Very good job.

Mick
Kato's

Yeah, I agree completely. If you didn't get my e-mail, I'll send you another one.

I topped a freshly grilled burger with it for lunch, and it was amazing.

Definately something I'd buy...again and again and again...

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey Marco,
Thanks again for the salsa Bro.
I’m not an official reviewer with a soaring oratory, but I do know that this salsa rocks!
The flavor is an excellent blend with no real dominating ingredient. I think a lot of salsa’s go a bit far on the “roasting” of the veggies and their flavor is dominated by it. I’m sure you have roasted yours as well, but you have managed to do it without overwhelming the whole salsa with it. The appearance is absolutely awesome dude. the colors rocked, they seem to jump out and say “Eat Me”(reminds me of when I met my wife, did I say that out loud?). The heat content is pretty much perfect. Hot enough to shut my friends up when eaten with chips (this makes it a fun salsa) and a great compliment to dishes. I added a couple tablespoons to my baked macaroni and it was frickin awesome!
The only problem you may have is with the name. You may have to change the “not yet famous” part.
The wife’s comment was..”So when Marco has this stuff available, are you gonna get me some more mango/pineapple salsa?”
Thanks again Bro.

DITTO!! I thought the same thing when I first met yer wife..:P
I love this salsa Marco! I've eaten award winning salsa that didn't taste this good. The flavor is very bold, and the heat is sneaky. This salsa is one of those that has such a great flavor, that I shoved into my gobbhole a half dozen or so tostitos with heaping amounts of this stuff before I realized that it is really hot!! WOW :lol: What a rush! Great product....

haha...yeah...it is hot for sure, the other day my kid eat a small jar and after a while he rushed to the fridge for milk saying that he couldn't feel his mouth....too bad my camera didn't have battery because it really was a kodak moment..:lol:

I ordered the commercial product, 3 jars. Congrats! It tastes a little different than the test version... more chipotle"ish", did you smoke the chilies instead of roasting them? Also the heat seems a bit tamer, but that may just be my tolerance. This is a great product. The 3 jars will go quickly!

THP,
i don't believe is chipolte'ish', i did not use any smoked product in there and yes the heat was lowered a bit after you all sent me the feedbacks, but just a bit not much.
Glad you like it....

marcosauces said:
THP,
i don't believe is chipolte'ish', i did not use any smoked product in there and yes the heat was lowered a bit after you all sent me the feedbacks, but just a bit not much.
Glad you like it....
Maybe some of the char was smoky... anyhow, it's a good product and I'm sure it will be successful, but I enjoyed the prototype better. Bring the heat back up :hell:

Back