• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Marvin's 347 grow 2k16

Hi everyone :dance:

I figured i could start my own grow thread to get help during the process and sharing pictures with you !

btw i speak french as 1st language  so my grammar may not be on point !

1 month ago i wasn't into pepper at all and i was at a buddy's house and he show me is little pepper plant and i came back at home to see that there was a huge pepper scene ahahah!

So i went to the local store to grab some seeds for sweet and hot pepper,  then i found the online seller, logged on a fb pepper page and now iam here hahaha.

So i germinated somes under the t5ho that i use for my aquarium 

Then i made a diy fixture and ordered 2 more t5ho 

I have now ordered 3 more t5ho to add later in this fixture that can accept 6.

I used and old bed base to install the plant on it, also used the bubblefoam reflector  that was used to package the t5ho i ordered, i figured the bubble will act like isolation keeping some of the heat from the light and the aluminium foil color for light reflection. Not sure how effective it is but anyway it was free.

I ordered some seeds from PepperNorth : Aji limon, Fatalii Yellow, 7pot Douglah and Carolina Reapers.

I also have Super Chilli F1, Cayenne and Burpee unknow mix  from the local store and finally somes Scotch Bonnet from a friend.

The Reaper and Douglah was ordered later so they are not sprouted yet

All the Aji limon sprouted really fast, 5 Fatalii are also coming up and 2 scotch bonnet 

In this picture you can see the Cayenne in the cup at left, Burpee in center and Super Chilli F1 in the cup on the right. The jiffy crete in front are the Reapers and Douglah, and the jiffy crete on the right is just sweet mini peppers from the local store.

I plan to grow them to put outside and keep 2-3 inside for fun!

So that's about it for now ... if you see thing i do wrong do not hesitate to tell!!

Vince

Wolf1888 said:
Wow man so many peppers!! :O

How many plants total did you have?
61 total ( 25 potted, other are planted in the garden)  the potted produced a lot of peppers and way earlier .

about 15 yellow fatalii, 5 red fatalii, 5-6 reaper, 4-5 douglah , couples of unknow orange peppers, the rest is cayennes chili f1 and other unknow ..

btw your red bhut is producing 5-6 nice pepper but they are still green i hope they will make it !

Wolf1888 said:
My plants are dead by now, I'm guessing yours too. Are you overwintering?
Yes all dead  but i was still able to harvest aji limon from the frosted plant a bit , anyway i have wayyyy wayyy too much in the freezer and dried lollll.

I do have made a bonzai with a douglah and took 2 superchili f1 inside to get couples more but they will be dumped soon...

I have started sweet mini  bell,  cayenne,  aji limon and superchili from my seed under the t5 just for fun to bring at the girlfriend house by the window, i will start the official 2k17 grow in january i suppose!

Back