• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Masher's 2018 community grow

Hello all, thanks for looking in. I hope to do a better job this season updating through the busy months of summer.

I will be dialing things down this year and concentrating on less strains since i have enough XXX powders to last many years.

Just put seeds into my soaking solution - 2 tsp clonex liquid to 1 gal H20.

Current seed list 2018, all gifted from THP members or from pods I grew last season also from THP members.

PaulG - PDN x Bonda F6....Two phenos (reg and late season purple as the label indicated)

Devv - Brainstrain - THP Growdown (Supplier Pepper-Guru)

Hogleg - Red and Orange Rocoto 

Wiriwiri - Short Yellow Tobasco and Guyana Tragedy

Unknown? - BBG7 Red (possibly Texas hot peppers? Moruga welder?)

Unknown? - BBG7 White F2

More rocotos...waiting on seeds

Seed house via the web - Stavros pepperoncini for pickling, 3rd year collecting/drying seeds.

Seeds will soak 24hrs, then into rock wool plugs to wait for hooks.

Lighting will be T-5's as space allows...will move into 600W & 1000W  hid room as/if needed.
Ideally I will get a small green house up this season so i don't have to use hid lighting.

good luck everyone  :dance:

Rockin' your grow already, Dan!  Excellent germination results.
I'm impressed by the percentage you got from the F6 purple
pod seed.  Those should have some great genes - pods about
2[SIZE=11.666666030883789px]1/2[/SIZE] inches long with a sort of knobby cylindrical shape. Same 
for the white pod seed.

All your emergent seedlings look really healthy. I'm going to
have to try that Clonex with my seeds next time around.

The pic of the Guyana Tragedy that WiriWiri posted looks a
lot like a Cheiro Recife - are they related?

:cheers:  for an outstanding season, Dan!

Update day 25 since seeds went into soaking solution for 24hrs, then into rockwool.

Still feeding as needed with Clonex solution.  40ml per gallon of h2o

Need to cull the extras and get everything that's ready into soil this weekend.

Looking good Dan!

You're going to be in the same boat as me, huge plants and running out of room ;)

I think I like it that way :shh:

Update: day 30 since seeds went into soaking solution for 24hrs, then into rockwool.

Today is DIRT day....Culled and transplanted what was ready so far.

some minor leaf curl showed up a day or 3 ago....most of the h2o solution had evaporated and they got hot with the heat mat still in place.

Gave them a big drink and they should recover just fine.....also could be from the rapid growth they are showing.

First up were the Trinstan F6 P.D.N. x Bonda whites.   took a few pics to show growth and roots.

Purple F6's and the rest of the ready plants looked the same.

I don't encourage doubles but this Guyana Tragedy just looked to perfect to cull one of them, so I will allow this double.

Couple glory shots....the unlabeled plants are my pickling peppers Stavros Pepperoncini

Two anteps and one red rocoto moved into greenhouse...everything needs to transplant in the next couple days into final pots.

My pepperoncini plants...over water and to close to lights when in doors. developed some edema and leaf twisting.

Moved into green house and hopefully they will recover before potting up or placing into raised beds.

2 over wintered goatsweed and one red rocoto I saved because it survived after fruiting in that little square pot.
it will be up potted as well soon.

The greenhouse completed, up and running. will fill it over the next week or two. with vegetable starts as well.

Please keep an eye on the temps inside that new toy.

Here's some stats from a hoop house I used a few years back in February:

45 was 56 cloudy
46 was 70 sun out for just a bit 2-3
45 was 60 clouded up 2-3
64 and 70 at 4:30 sunny 2-4
47 and 80 at 3:30 sunny 2-5
31 and 52 at 1:00  cloudy 2-6
30 and 50 at 2PM  cloudy 2-7
37 and 41 at 8AM cloudy 2-8
cold as hell 2-9 to 2-13
68 and 93 3:30PM Sunny, all day 2-14
68 and 94 12 noon Sunny all day 2-15
77 and 80 3PM both ends opened up, thermometer shaded by a piece of cardboard 2-15

Back