• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Massive Flower Drop

So this is the Biggest Pepper Plant I Have, I Believe its a Super Hot, This Plant is about 4 Feet From the Base of the Steam, It Has about 4 Branches and Has Hundreds and I Mean More than 100 Probably 200 Buds, But Once the Flowers Open they Just Fall, I Moved it from Full To Shade and Less Hours in the Sun, It looks in Tip Top Condition Leaves are Dark Green, I give it 14-14-14 Osmocotec and sometimes Fish Fert. What Could Be the Problem, Also its in a 5 Gallon Pot
2012-09-13T21-27-57_2.jpg

What have the temps been in your area? Once the day time temps go above 95 degrees, you will get major bloom drop...

Yea Its been about 100F This Week I Think the Lowest Last Week was 88F, The Heat Sounds Reasonable But My Other Plants are In full Production

I have the same problem with flowers droppin... Having triple digit heat doesnt help one bit...Living in central cal were used to this weather, but this is my first year growing super hots and I know ive asked a tons of questions about this and that.... Just be patient Orozco, we will have more peppers than we will know what to do with

Indeed Once in a While I Need a Break of Life Chill Back Drink a Beer and Watch the Peppers Grow WIthout The P.O. Showing Up and FNing Everything Up, Well I Do Hope I have Enough Peppers to at Least Buy me a Dehydrator and Save them

Interesting. Why do you capitalize the first letter of almost every word in your sentences? :lol:

Ok, on topic..... Different varieties react differently to the heat, as well as other conditions. Most peppers don't like it in the high 90's or 100's, regardless, but some don't even like it in the 80's. Like has been said before, once the temps cool down you will likely see more flowers sticking on that plant, but know that just because the others are producing doesn't mean anything for this one.

Just amazed that you post so often but don't read at all or know how to use the search function

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

I stopped dropping flowers when our temps cooled down below 90s. Our daytime temps have been 80 this past week and my plants are full of flowers. Wife has been noticing how "pretty" they are. I guess thats what they should look like when the sun isn't beating them to death! I would suggest keeping them in shade and watering in evenings until it cools down for you. Good luck.

Its rare..........................ha, just how I like my steaks, But seriously, it is rare but sometimes you'll end up with a plant that doesn't produce any pollen. .....A dud!

I had the most beautiful Red Scorpion plant........................ Fortunately I had half dozen more because that one plant didn't produce 1 stink'in pod! All year...... :tear:

I Guess im the type of person that Doesnt Really Remember Most things, So I forget that There is so Many Things That Could affect it, Also I Really Really Hope its Not a Dud and at Least Produce 1 Pod, Just so I Know What Variety it Is,

Interesting. Why do you capitalize the first letter of almost every word in your sentences? :lol:

Ok, on topic..... Different varieties react differently to the heat, as well as other conditions. Most peppers don't like it in the high 90's or 100's, regardless, but some don't even like it in the 80's. Like has been said before, once the temps cool down you will likely see more flowers sticking on that plant, but know that just because the others are producing doesn't mean anything for this one.
Idk Why I Like and Made it a Habit to Just cap The First Letters, I Dont Always Do it Just Mostly all The Time, Sometimes I dont Noticed

Back