• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Matt Berry's 2011 Growlog

Chile De Arbol

9c3470f1.jpg

Fresno

829dfbaf.jpg

Barrackpore 7 pot

b635fd07.jpg

Bhut Jolokia(top left), chocolate 7 pot (bottom 2), red hab (upper right)

1c1f52cb.jpg

Wow, beauty! I hope my de Arbol will look like that someday. Wanted to say thanks as I copied your ideas on pot starting size and nute regimen (mostly). Working well for me, but not in your league (yet). Prolly the metal halides a key ingredient. But still, quite happy with how the 2.5-inch pots work out. Makes for a good orderly rotation of plants. I go straight from baggie germination to the 2.5 pots and skip the little cells.

Wow, it's already been a month since my last update. Sorry that I don't have any individual shots of the plants, I have so many packed into a small area and they are getting big. Most are between 2 1/2 - 4 1/2 feet tall, it's crazy how big these are, and I still have a couple more weeks before they can go outside. Many are just loaded with pods, at this rate I'll be harvesting before / at plant out.

Measured at soil level this serrano del sol is pushing 3' tall

3d64a236.jpg

Right side of the jungle

ba4dbcc7.jpg

Left side, the tallest plant is an Aji Angelo and has been growing into the lights (over 5' tall)

d4a1eaf6.jpg

final pic is of the Chili de arbol featured in my earlier pics

cd7fff54.jpg

Plants are all doing well, can't wait to get them all outside.

Finally, it's warm enough outside to actually start moving some of the plants outside. The last couple of weeks were a little rough on them as they were cramped for space and I was only running 2 lights. I also ran out of fertilizer and haven't had a chance to pick up more. Anyways I took these pics first thing this morning using my phone so they are not the best quality.

Purple pequin, which was the one I pulled up like a weed and replanted it, it is looking really good

44a8e445.jpg

Serrano del sol hybrid

3e9d075b.jpg

My 2 chile de arbol's in the upper right you can see a couple of pods on my hot finger.

a07b0fc7.jpg

Final pic is of a couple sweet peppers, Camelot hybrid and corno di toro

acacce91.jpg

Still have quite a few more to hall out of the basement and then I still have to organize them all, I'm just glad that I can finally move them outside.

Back