• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Me and my F-inlaw are looking for some hot sauce :)

Hi guys and girls.

Just joined up and posted in the welcome forum.

Basically I've just discovered extract Sauces/additives ;)

My father in law and I regularly like to try new sauces. It's some what a competition for him possibly as I think he tries to better me lol. I think he has only just moved on from thinking tabasco is hot.
Unfortunatly I have years of torture behind me to up my tolerence ;) Both as self caused and as punishment lol

The only thing I've had recently that seems to be the only thing that got my eyes watering is nando's hot peri peri sauce (gets the f/inlaw too). Only when it's been used whilst cooking on flame grilled chicken at nando's restaurant though. For some reason I can use it straight out of the bottle easy, or in home cooking even. But when it's put on some chicken at the restaurant which is then cooked, it's a different story lol. Odd! Maybe the restaurant secretly use some extra hot stuff lol.

The other night we tried some mama africas hot sauce, which really is like the peri peri in taste (which we like). It didn't seem to bother me at all. But it got my F/inlaw lol. His eyes were watering, he was coughing, wiping his nose lol.

Basically, I wanna buy us some hot stuff lol. He wouldn't want just the burn. He does like what he is ingesting to have some kind of taste lol. So I am guessing extract stuff is out of the question?

Can people recommend me something for him? Main useage would be in place of ketchup, random uses with dinner. (however in small amounts and not very often as he likes his sauces to last for what seems like forever lol) It needs to be a step up in heat from what he is used to though.

I am resisting the temptation to get him a scolding hot extract based item just as a prank.

I'm a bit more tolerent so am looking for a bit of taste, but it's not too important, more after the heat. I'm going to order some of Blairs 3 am, which I've heard is :shocked: Maybe jumping in the deep end but I'm the kinda fool who has split raw habeneros open and placed on my tongue for a dare lol. Hence the name.

I'm crazy.

But if something could recommend something for a bit more of everyday use and is HOT HOT HOT I'd be gratefull.

Being in the UK my main place to order from is:
http://www.chilefarm.co.uk/
So if you could look in the hot sauces section and recommend me something I'd be gratefull

Also that, this place has a wider variety it would seem:
http://www.chilliworld.com/index.asp

Let me know from which of those to you have seen the sauce you recommend as I can have a blind moment when looking for things lol

Thanks people,

The Iron Tongue.

So far I've found the following:

Mad dog 357 ((with bullet key ring)poss one for the inlaw too)
Who Dares Burns (for the inlaw as apparently has good taste)
Blair's Possible Side Effects (also meant to have good taste but maye too hot for the inlaw?)

Which seem to be alright.

:shocked:

The Iron Tongue said:
Blair's Possible Side Effects (also meant to have good taste but maye too hot for the inlaw?)

:shocked:

Had some last night... good stuff!

I would suggest the Defcon Defense Condition #1 as was stated. It's got the extract heat, but is definitely backed with a lot of flavor.

DEFCON Creator said:
I would suggest the Defcon Defense Condition #1 as was stated. It's got the extract heat, but is definitely backed with a lot of flavor.

Do you do mail order to the UK?

I was on your site late last night :shocked:

looks good. Only probs is the sauce wont be used on wings. However it seems it can be used on a variety or foods ;)

Well, as a shameless plug , I would recommend the 2007 Scovie Award winning Fat Kid Sauces!!! (there is a discount for all THP members - use HOTPEPPER15 at checkout for 15% off).

You MUST try CaJOhns stuff - Talon, Fatalli Fire are excellent and very hot! Then there is Cape Fear Pepper company, and for wing sauce - DEFCON is definitely the only way to go.

Where can I find these?

I don't personally whole-heartedly believe in the whole Scoville ratings thing. Different people are affected differently by all different levels of heat. Some find our #2 to be too hot for them, most don't, just the opposite with the #1.

When buying a hot sauce, I'll be the judge whether it's hot or not to me, not basing everything solely on Scoville units.

I think I am going to order the fat kid set. Along with defcon 1 and 2 to go with the blairs 3am.

I'll hand the inlaw the defcon 2 and probably get him a bottle of who dares burns which is rated at 90,000.
the mama africas we tried the other night was rated at 22,000.

By the way. How is extract listed on the ingredients? Just as extract?

Please don't promote your own sauces when members are looking for objective opinions, otherwise every member will be chiming in and it will be a sales thread, not a discussion.

The Iron Tongue said:
Where can I find these?

The Iron Tongue said:
I think I am going to order the fat kid set. Along with defcon 1 and 2 to go with the blairs 3am.

I'll hand the inlaw the defcon 2 and probably get him a bottle of who dares burns which is rated at 90,000.
the mama africas we tried the other night was rated at 22,000.

Go to CaJOhns website - or any on line retailer. Go with the CaJohns stuff over mine. You'll prefer the heat of a Talon or a Fatalli fire.

Extract can be listed in MANY different ways (dont you just love the FDA).

The Iron Tongue said:
I'd like to know this too. Natural pepper flavor, pepper resin, etc. Which are extracts and what other tricky wording is out there? Thanks!

huvason said:
Go to CaJOhns website - or any on line retailer. Go with the CaJohns stuff over mine. You'll prefer the heat of a Talon or a Fatalli fire.

Extract can be listed in MANY different ways (dont you just love the FDA).

Thnaks,

I've seen the Fat Kid stuff and well they "look" nice lol.

I'm hoping to get my heat kick out of the defcon 1 and the blairs 3 am. I may still order one of Blairs Death Sauces also. I've heard the Jersey Death is pretty flavoursome. So unless you think the CaJOhns stuff has a better flavour then I'll go for the Fat Kid. :(

Can people please assure me that these sauces etc, don't taste like Tabasco! lol. I really hated the taste of that when I used to find it how lol.

I may get some of that mama africas hot sauce and some more peri peri nandos as they did have an awesome taste :onfire:

The Iron Tongue said:
Thnaks,

I've seen the Fat Kid stuff and well they "look" nice lol.

I'm hoping to get my heat kick out of the defcon 1 and the blairs 3 am. I may still order one of Blairs Death Sauces also. I've heard the Jersey Death is pretty flavoursome. So unless you think the CaJOhns stuff has a better flavour then I'll go for the Fat Kid. :(

Can people please assure me that these sauces etc, don't taste like Tabasco! lol. I really hated the taste of that when I used to find it how lol.

I may get some of that mama africas hot sauce and some more peri peri nandos as they did have an awesome taste :onfire:

Jersey death is one of my favorite extract suaces.

For the non-extract heat, go with CaJohn....

I didn't like the taste of Possible Side Effects AT ALL...but it's real dang hot. All I tasted was extract.

I second the recommendations of CaJohn's Stuff.

imaguitargod said:
Pepper Extract is usually what I find.

Possible Side Effects: Natural Pepper Flavor
Jersey Death: Natural Pepper Flavor
Mega Death: Natural Pepper Flavor
Sudden Death: Pure Pepper Resin

Extract not listed... I am assuming the above are extracts?

Back