Meat Slicers. Deli Slicers.

I have a Hobart automatic. Pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• slicere2.jpg
    slicere2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 82
OK Sic...

I love everything about this thing, It will slice a raw Ribsteak (flat, like making many thinner steaks) for Philly cheesesteaks, or stirfry.
It will slice cheese, bread, just about everything from "see thru thin" up to 1/2" thick.
And cleaning is a breeze, 5 parts come off with no tools, and it wipes down easy.
About every 10 hours of use, I put some mineral oil or vaseline on the gasket behind the blade (it never touches food).
The cord tucks neatly into the base, and pulls out to about 3 feet.
Solid machine, with no slip feet.

edit: We bought it 9 years ago for around $250.

I love it, and recommend it, tho my only other experience with slicers are the Hobart Boat anchors.

file-297.jpg

file-2024.jpg

file-286.jpg

file-1427.jpg

file-1812.jpg

file-1799.jpg

file-369.jpg

Mine is not a HOBART those things ROCK but at 600 bucks + they better!!!! Got mine for cheap, Uncle bought it used it once put it back in the box, 10 years later MINE!!!! It works here is proof....
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg

I have some Wusthof knives and a Cuisinart 'lectric reciprocatin knuckle carvin blade.
Been looking at getting one for a while and that Chefs Choice is on the list.

I have a Cuisinart 'lectric reciprocatin knuckle carvin blade.

I have a Sawz-All. Works great!

OK, just kidding....

And in truth, I do have the BigBoy Hobart auto slicer, but it's out in the salsa-kitchen. It's a rea PITA to run out to the kitch and then clean it every time I want to slice a 1# ham. You guys's slicers look sweet and easy.

I worked in a deli in college, and actually quit because of the nightmares their slicer gave me! (yep, I'm not that found of knives either!! haha)

But, this li'l Chef's Choice jobbie we have rocks my world! It does everything I've ever wanted it to, is easy to clean, and small enough to store on a shelf. Had it about 8 years now, and no complaints. Except one....the price of ham ain't what it used to be!!!!!!! hahaha

Nice PH. I understand it's old, but who was the manufacturer? If it was bought out, I'd love to follow where it went. It looks fantastic.

Its a Rival 1030C that spent most of its life in Hollywood FL, now its in Loxahatchee slicing smoked pork, beef, and other fun things.

Nice set of 1950's era Sabatier carbon steel knives. A good steel and an oil stone. Can't be beat. From "see through" thin to breaking down an entire animal...
my 2 scents.

I hear you HHound, I have a nice collection of knives also, except I use water stones.

However, when it comes to slicing an entire Ham, Turkey Breast, or 2lb loaf of cheddar,
You can't beat the consistency, ease, and speed of a slicer.

I'm a big fan of French Dips. I prefer the roast beef slices as thin as possible. Not sure why... maybe mouth feel or there might be some sort of pockets and/or capillary action that draws in more Au Jus than just the bread. I've tried on more than several occasions to cut my roasts that thin over a number of years with knives, and have ALWAYS failed to make what I consider the perfect French Dip because I can't cut the roast beef thin enough.

The French Dip, IMO, is one sandwich that I cannot make successfully in my kitchen as it is right now... specifically because I don't have a meat slicer.

Bought a slicer for hubby years ago..... he's used it a few times for french dips....... gotta look in the pantry have no idea the manufacturer....... Will look and let y'all know. It's a cool piece of our huge kitchen gadget collection. It works nicely too.He is spoiled though and always has used commercial kitchen slicers and other tools so many household kitchen tools are just "so so" to him..... :rolleyes:

Back