• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2014 Glog

So I've started my grow a couple of weeks ago, 28th of January. I use the same setup as previous seasons, 2x 125watt CFL 6400K lights, black/white foil. First round were the Chinense, about 22 different varieties, mostly superhots and hots. Almost everything germinated within a week and with a total germ rate of 92% I was pretty pleased. I potted them up last week and they quickly showed new growth again. Well enough talk, this is what the plants looked like yesterday, 10 days after transplant and almost 4 weeks from start date.

IMAG3823_.jpg

IMAG3824_.jpg

Devil’s Tongue White (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3825.jpg

This one is a beast, very rapid growth, big leaves and already branching out? Georgia Black (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3828.jpg

IMAG3829.jpg

This season I'm growing out a couple of crosses from friends like Gary/Nagabrain Chocolate F-2, Mike/Elysium Oxide Bonnet and Jamie/Green Hornet F-2. Also some phenotypes that showed up at John's garden, 7 Pot Peach F-2 and 7 Pot Caramel F-2. Of course I'm also growing my own discovery from last season, Pimenta Lisa F-2. Got 2 seedlings going, one has the desired traits so far and the other one is green as grass. Looking forward to growing both out!

Last weekend I started up the second round, mostly Annuum and some Chinense I got in trades these last few weeks. Today the the first ones sprouted after merely 3 days and even Chinense! Well that's it for now, thanks for keeping up so far :D

stickman said:
I'm lovin' the look of your purple pheno Pimenta Lisa. Mine has a ways to go to catch up to yours, but I have hope... Glad to see your Chinense plants are starting to produce Stefan... keep layin' it down bro'! :)

Thanks, Rick. You have a good weekend, I know mine is good after beating Spain :D Accidentally snapped of this Beaver Dam during plant out. Decent size already so it's going on pizza tomorrow.
IMAG4384.jpg

You inspired me last night Stefan... we had a chicken pizza with kalamata olives, fresh basil leaves, sliced mushrooms, rajas (strips of roasted and peeled poblano chiles) and Mozzarella. My wife can't eat too many acidic foods due to acid reflux so I brushed the crust with olive oil that had a crushed clove of garlic and some Italian seasoning in it instead of tomato sauce. No pics alas... it was gone too quick... ;)

stickman said:
You inspired me last night Stefan... we had a chicken pizza with kalamata olives, fresh basil leaves, sliced mushrooms, rajas (strips of roasted and peeled poblano chiles) and Mozzarella. My wife can't eat too many acidic foods due to acid reflux so I brushed the crust with olive oil that had a crushed clove of garlic and some Italian seasoning in it instead of tomato sauce. No pics alas... it was gone too quick... ;)
Sounds good, Rick. We actually didn't had pizza anymore :( stir-baked rice which was also yummy, I added the shredded pod for myself. Also no pics.
Been working 4 hours today to get the tomatoes decent again, I really let them get out of hand when I was focusing on the pepper plant out. A lot of suckers with the same size of the plant itself :( Still not done, will do the rest tomorrow and then I need to pay more attention there as well.

The peppers are going well though, Chinense are slowly spitting out pods and the Annuum already have a pods. Of course the Jalapeno's are starting to load up :) Really happy I used the plastic woven sheet, it's really paying of. Not have to waste my time getting rid of those weeds.
IMAG4387.jpg

IMAG4388.jpg

Those mats do look nice and neat under the peppers Stefan. Good news that the Jals are loading up. Mine are too ATM, and the one with the most pods is the cutworm-chewed Jalapeno Ciclon. The pods on that plant look like they're gonna be large. Is that your experience?

Cheers!

stickman said:
Those mats do look nice and neat under the peppers Stefan. Good news that the Jals are loading up. Mine are too ATM, and the one with the most pods is the cutworm-chewed Jalapeno Ciclon. The pods on that plant look like they're gonna be large. Is that your experience?

Cheers!
Yep it is, the Ciclon put outs big pods, 4 inch in length, just 1 inch in width. Which makes them excellent for pickling ;)

IMAG3366ciclon.jpg

stickman said:
Very cool Stefan! The largest pod on the plant is already 3 inches long, and it has about another half-dozen coming. Thanks again!
Sounds good, Rick! :)

Pimenta Lisa F-2, green pheno, first pods.
IMAG4397.jpg

Jalapeño Agriset 4108
IMAG4398.jpg

OW Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato about to burst into flowers. Having doubt if I should give it a bigger pot or just let it be...
IMAG4401.jpg

Busy times, but a lot has happened these past days. Time for some update(s).

Overview
IMAG4508.jpg

7 Pot Lava Yellow
IMAG4504.jpg

Madame Jeanette
IMAG4502.jpg

Thai Demon
IMAG4501.jpg

Devil's Tongue Chocolate #3
IMAG4500.jpg

Devil's Tongue Chocolate #1
IMAG4499.jpg

IMAG4459.jpg

Devil’s Tongue White plants with the curly leaves, no diseases or pests.
IMAG4498.jpg

IMAG4497.jpg

7 Pot White
IMAG4496.jpg

Need a couple of bumps :)

Lando said:
looking grat meat :) did you ever grow those yellow 7 pot with sting seeds?

7 pot yellow Sting by LandoThe Dog, on Flickr

Hey Simon, nice seeing you again! I did not :( but after seeing that picture I most certainly will give that one a try next season! Looks awesome, is it the next-gen of the seeds you've sent me back then? Did you happen to grow out the Choc Hand Grenade? Thanks for visting and you got some beautiful pictures!

stickman said:

Go... go...go...go... :D

Cheers, Rick. Life got in the way so the update is a bit later, still need those bumps though :lol:

Bhut Jolokia Cappuccino
IMAG4495.jpg

Jalapeño Jaloro
IMAG4494.jpg

Scotch Bonnet Yellow x 7-Pot BS Yellow F-2
IMAG4492.jpg

IMAG4491.jpg

IMAG4489.jpg

7 Pot Evergreen
IMAG4490.jpg

7 Pot Jonah Orange
IMAG4488.jpg

7 Pot Peach F-2 (Sawyer) They look more elongated to me so far.
IMAG4487.jpg

Murupi Amarela
IMAG4486.jpg

Jalmundo
IMAG4485.jpg

That's 10, bump please :(

Back