• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Medusa Fail

Hi Guys n Gals,

Out of all the seeds I planted this spring I really wanted the Medusa's to sprout, the seeds are super small so I planted 4 in a jiffy in the hope that at least 1 out of 4 would sprout. all my Bhut Jolokia, trinidad scorpians, dorset naga's etc etc sprouted but not a single Medusa.

100% fail any suggestions as to why?

I kept them in a propagator over 25 degrees Celsius, all the others popped up and are doing well.

Where did you get the seeds from?

Prob just bad seeds. If all the others popped up and are doing well with the same conditions it gotta be the seeds.
Or maybe just slow.

//Oscar

I got them from THSC so I have no doubt that it's no their fault, they have one of the best reputations in the business.

I have six more seeds not yet planted, maybe they need more heat perhaps?

Put 2 seeds in each jiffy and try 2 seeds in mybe plain dirt?
The heat should be enough but try one jiffy in room temp one with maybe 28c.

GL! ;)

Its likely just bad seeds. Ask Hippy if anyone else has had the same problems, I know there's been problems with some of his other seeds but he'll fix you up if you let him know

Its likely just bad seeds. Ask Hippy if anyone else has had the same problems, I know there's been problems with some of his other seeds but he'll fix you up if you let him know

I am only looking for 2 plants so I am gonna cross fingers these last 6 work first. Yeah Neil is a cool guy he always throws in a odd freebie when I order stuff so I don't doubt he would sort me out if I needed it but I have faith these others will work.

Back