• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Megacrop, J. R. Peter's, and other dry nutes

I hope that Mega crop end up being another great stuff for you America chili growers, but for European growers the fertilizer cost+postage makes it not cost effective stuff to use, but keep us updated how the stuff works for chili growing.

What did you think btw? I ended up getting the 22lb bag for $60 and have been using it solely as 1 part and retired all my different potions of calnit, magsul, silicon, etc and have had nothing but just crazy plants and production.. Haven't even been doing compost tea as I've done it enough so far and have just been experiencing such great results haven't felt the need..
ShowMeDaSauce said:
Sample arrived today in a nice foil ziplock pouch. Smell reminds me of a fishy molasses.
Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My plants already looked really good before i ever used it. Had loads of pods too. A few more days and i can use some more on the deck plants. Some of the plants in the ground plot might have shown some improved growth but i dont feed them as much anyway. I might still have enough time for another round of pods off of the ones i harvested from last week.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
My plants already looked really good before i ever used it. Had loads of pods too. A few more days and i can use some more on the deck plants. Some of the plants in the ground plot might have shown some improved growth but i dont feed them as much anyway. I might still have enough time for another round of pods off of the ones i harvested from last week.
Believe it or not I actually burned up the free sample on the first day! Just doing a single watering/feeding on all my garden and container/bag plants!
So, You wait to harvest all at once? I incrementally do it as they're always producing and not all ready at the same time, only a couple plants I've been able to harvest like half the pods at once due to readiness (my choc hab in container that's a powerhouse producer, like 150+pods on plant!).

Those were mostly my MOA reds, Arnaucho and the mystery pepper. My Dreadies are still loaded with greeners. Still have quite a few green MOAs too but im hoping to see more blooms since the last big harvest.

YAMracer754 said:
Believe it or not I actually burned up the free sample on the first day! Just doing a single watering/feeding on all my garden and container/bag plants!
So, You wait to harvest all at once? I incrementally do it as they're always producing and not all ready at the same time, only a couple plants I've been able to harvest like half the pods at once due to readiness (my choc hab in container that's a powerhouse producer, like 150+pods on plant!).

Choc Habs are real good producers.
Even better in their second year.

sinensis said:
The 22lb bag is up to ~$83 now.

Anyone still using it?
I still got a 1/3-1/4 of the 22lber and when I run out I'm still reupping if that says anything

The new MegaCrop is not the same as the old formula from what ive read. N-P-K are very similar though. New one is supposed to be finer according to the "hippie" forums. It still seems popular there.

I saved most of mine. Already started using it on seedlings that are ready for nutrients. 1/4 tsp per liter so that is just very slightly under recommended. My 2 over wintered rocotos were not as green as they should be so they got a liter added to the drip pan a day ago. They have also been getting some time outside.

Guess I'm glad I still got 8lbs or so of the old format! I know what you're saying as I looked on the site and the formula looks different as far as the constituent parts-more chem less organicas! Rocotos don't liek the high ppm mix from my experience compared to everybody else (although it is my first rocotos year and I know they are also picky about heat and full throttle sunlight! But they're dōng good and throwing buds! Little bit of leaf curl on one of em. All these pics are after a rain so ignore the saggy leafs, it's their personality after a rain-getting that ionized h20

a51b1c1cfbb8b87733e51dc6c752a5cd.jpg
6a628118d450a7db38f166249f7eab8f.jpg
38e6855f5d3269e5c22927cb184912e7.jpg

ShowMeDaSauce said:
The new MegaCrop is not the same as the old formula from what ive read. N-P-K are very similar though. New one is supposed to be finer according to the "hippie" forums. It still seems popular there.

I saved most of mine. Already started using it on seedlings that are ready for nutrients. 1/4 tsp per liter so that is just very slightly under recommended. My 2 over wintered rocotos were not as green as they should be so they got a liter added to the drip pan a day ago. They have also been getting some time outside.
Glad you're adding to the Drip pan, a well developed root system love love loves it! Lol
And them boys and girls on the "hippie" forums, as you say, are not mistaken!

Back