• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day Spread... What's on your table this weekend?

What's up THP Happy Memorial Day to everyone and Thank you to ALL of the Men and Women of our Armed Forces past and present for your service!
  DallasLowLife and the Urban Garden Family like most are grilling out this Holiday weekend with friends and family. To kick off summer we decided to go with a Mexican-ish theme. Chicken, fish and shrimp tacos from the grill along with home made salsas (pico, tomato based and mango) and all the bells and whistles. And although not everyone is into heat you can bet that there will be more than the North Texas sun making people sweat this Memorial Day!! :dance:  

So What's Cooking with all of you this weekend? Share your Recipes or Pictures of the Hot stuff coming out of your kitchen or off your grill! 

Cheers,

DLL

Well

The dehydrator is loaded down with 5lbs of Fresno peppers that I picked up for 3 bucks:

052414115337_zpscd10057a.jpg

Crockpot has rotisoure chicken carcus, shallots, green onion, garlic, Thai peppers, Pho bullion cube, black pepper and a bit of salt. I will strain, pick chicken, add rice and corn for a light tasty soup. No pic. Not a great pic opportunity.

I may brew up a hot sauce. Thinking about Thai peppers, cider vinegar, shallots, garlic, and some fresh cherries. Might be good, might suck. Not sure.

I love to cook, so who knows what may hit the plate this weekend.

Urban Garden said:
They are on the way. I close the shop down at 5 today and the cooking starts as soon as I get to the house. Party starts tomorrow at noon.

DLL
we will be waiting :rofl:

To me Memorial Day is a hardcore American holiday calling for only American food!  Hot dogs,  hamburgers,  smoked chicken and ribs,  potato chips,  potato salad,  corn on the cob, fresh garden salad,  mac and cheese.  Dessert will include ice cream cones,  angel food cake with fresh strawberries, blue berries with whipped cream,  and cupcakes.   Then of course will be drinking American made beer from the time I wake up,  to the time I pass out next to the bonfire!

Ha! Jamison, do chicken wings count? 'Ceptn the fact that I have 15 wings marinating in my Molé BBQ Sauce (LOADED with Red Savina powder) and 15 others marinating in my Teriyaki sauce (LOADED with Pure Evil  :twisted: ). All will be grilled with about a dozen fresh Jalapeño's just for munchin. I like them all black and semi-soft mmm. CJ's whippin up a pasta salad with the last 3 TBS of Sicman's Peño powder :mope: (Time to make more, pimp!)

I'll try to take pics as long as I ain't too shit-housed. whaaa? HAHAHAHHAA

You guys just please keep in mind that Memorial Day isn't about BBQ and beer.... it's about dead soldiers. Let us celebrate them and their ultimate sacrifice for this great land. Take a minute to bow your heads for them this weekend. Thanks, be safe, and have fun.

Good stuff Hops.I had a drip pan under mine to collect the runoff and add to my smoked bacon beans.I could have drank the whole dang thing.Hard on my ticker but nowadays what's not.HA. :dance:

randyp said:
      Buzz,I believe Urban started his first sentence with what we all feel for the troops.Having served along with 2 of my brothers,nothing better to be able to get together and throw back a few and give thanks over some good food.Been a long winter and its time to put some smoke in the air.

Sorry... missed that. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful.

I just put some beans in the crock pot. Once they are soft I will throw in some sweet yellow onion, dried pasilla and ancho chiles, and my "top secret" spice blend and cook them until they cry for mercy. Tomorrow we head over to the old man's place. My brother is going to fire up the pit and smoke a pork shoulder. My cousin is coming down with pasta salad and some kind of pie. I also picked up a monster watermellon. Thing probably weighs 40 pounds.

BofeY9eIcAAomUM.jpg

Bofeh33CUAEW98L.jpg

BofepNRIcAAgUAM.jpg

(I double-posted in the Drunken Chef thread.  :lol:  This was supposed to be in here~)

I absolutely know what the holiday is for and appreciate what every service person past and present has done.  It is acknowledged, never forgotten or assumed, and appreciated. 

Back to this thread, sharing what we're enjoying....

Shrimp Piccata (not the usual weekend grub....but it worked~~~)

Sauted shallots, onion, garlic, in a dab of olive oil and butter until soft.  Add cream, splash of white wine, lemon squeeze, chicken base, pepper, cook down.
IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2696.JPG

Sautéd the veggies in olive oil and butter with garlic, chicken base. 
IMG_2699.JPG

Add Jumbo Schrimps and pasta, then green onions, top with parmesan....(Parm added after picture)
IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

Change of plan for tonight, right now will be grilled chicken over gardentofork red leaf lettuce and I could not pass up 6.99 lb live lobster. So lobster and fresh corn for dinner! The corn was 5 for 1.00, hard to pass up as well! Happy Sunday!

Pasta dish looks awesome SL!

SL,thats how ya serve noodles,heck yea.Joyner never thought I would see lobster cheaper than beef. :(

Back