• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Milk weed & mulberry trees

I'm growing Milkweed & mulberry trees, would like to grow some differnent milkweed other then just the tropical kind. Some problem with the mulberry tree can only get black mulberry but would like to grow white mulberry and some red mulberry..

Can't grow black berrys or rasberrys so mulberry works.
If any one else grow this let me know thanks

P.S. Bananas are weeds ! have been trying to get some gone there growing to close to the house the cracking the concrect.

u know mulberry leaves can be used to make fertilizer. If you boil them the wwater is great for plants. I've got a treee but i dont know bout any white mlberrys. wouldn't you need a cutting for that.

We have a native Mulberry here in Texas that makes red (sometimes white, but uncommon) fruit. Around here people generally grow the male trees for landscaping because the females are quite messy when they fruit. Can stain a driveway or sidewalk purple and you usually end up with a mini-forest underneath from new trees sprouting.

Personally, I'd be willing to deal with that cause I love mulberries. They grow wild all over the place here, especially in parks so I usually get to eat my fill every time I go :)

Great to know,Thanks Peppermanbaha. is it hi; Nit ; or Po; or Ph; ? Seeds are slow but strong and can mail without Gov Papers plants are a real concern for alot of reasons.

Milkweed is a weed they hate here a well, I have to keep mine safe. The Thai that lived abroad or are marryed to foriners listen to what I say, the others say "you an idiot, you wrong" But hay what do I know ? Butterflys that should be in this area. Aren't becouse they need the milkweed for babys. They pollinate some plants. There are prey for some prediters that eat some of the other pests. They'er a tuffer bird that will kick out some of the pigons and finchs that much on my Chili leaves.

I'm so dumb I'ed like a snake in the yard to eat some of the rats that eat the scraps of food they offer the dogs. That get rabies and have to be found so they stop bite kids.

I don't like some of what the way of things go. If I try and fix the circle that they broke I'll be fighting alot of diff Animals, but at least not an army of one kind.

So far the close neighbors have seen the odd Butterfly, humming bird hoping to close the circle but still don't have all the pieces.
Have to buy a crow for a pet to get rid of the pigons and the finchs off the 3 floor. Crows love to fight. Then it have to keep it from destroying the 3 becouse in captivety they get there spot and deffend it. And they get less scared of people and will attack, least thats what mine would do. But not to me, P.S. not good pets you have to alway be ferm if you call to go to your arm you have to make them. I if my whisle didn't work, I had to sceam Aahhher and stick out the arm it'd do the job.

The native tree is a red mulberry there's also white mulberrys from China there as well, if you know how to get the seeds would you get me some, and tell me how ? The stains are hard to get rid of. Great to hear you like them if you'ed like some black mulberry seeds I'll send you some seed once I know how to get them clean and put fungiside on.

Got to go, other wise never get the seeds in the post..

Milkweed is the main food for the caterpillers of the danainae Subfamily of Nymphaidae Also called milkweed butterflys, we've got one here looks like a monarch but the white band is soild white. Google danainae and click wikipedia and they show milkweed butterflys from around the world.

If you can mail some seeds from the milkweeds in America that'ed be great. Pm me please. I've herd that the some of the butterflys here like them more [ and for some I know how to get the seeds ] The tropical ones I have arnt poding that I know of.

The Ducks eat a little bit of milkweed then seem paranoid, so maybe abit hallucinogenic ?

Have been trying to learn about eating the leaves of the mulberry, there a herb medicine. Some of what there sayed to do is stop suger digestion. So soon to be ( if not already ) on the heath food store top diet supplments.

If there info you know lets share. Will write if I find out any good sore of soild info..

Exotic Island said:
P.S. Bananas are weeds ! have been trying to get some gone there growing to close to the house the cracking the concrect.

I wish I had your problem with banana's...:lol:

They are still pretty bloody expensive over here....

Banana trees are weeds, but good weeds if there not by stuff they can break. Easy to grow here just drop a seed on the ground, the only thing I found easyer is peanuts... kind of cool

I have a Mulberry tree its huge !
I pruned back a few months ago, and the thing took off ! Now twice its original size and already been pulling fruit off now for around 3 weeks.
This thing will fruit pretty much all year !

Can you not grow them Biscombe ? Maybe you know something about them I don't ? See I'm new to growing and eating them. Have heared great things about how heathy they are.

Chiliman, Can I prune them any time of the year ? I'm thinking that mite be the best thing to do, I here a Thai talking in Thai so I don't fully understand. But I think they said after fruiting prune then the mulberry will grow for ? time and then fruit again,,, then repeat, any time of the year.....

I prune after each fruit drop. I wont go nuts like I will with alot of plants and trees, but just little cuts in many places.
This is mine at the momnet:
DSCF4717.jpg

001-16.jpg

004-12.jpg

I try to keep lower branchs for me, & i let most of the native birds go nuts on it !

I'm waiting on seeds for white & some red mulberry trees. They have the white mulberrys here but I can buy them ? Some time I get troble here asking for something they don't have readly availbul.

If I can send you some seed I will Biscombe. Estoy deseo practicar mi Espanoil. I don't think I need the estoy, but what the hell..

I think there is a spanish cherry that maybe can grow and fruit here, but I have to find out more..

Back