• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Miniature Pepper Plant

So I have this Super hot pepper Plant, It was at first attacked by any but, it almost died but after cleaning it up it recovered I transplanted it to the ground and it bushed out, all but 1 Leave stayed very Big and the rest are miniature size leaves not to mention the flowers are also super small, why and is it good? its exploding with flowers and some had just got pollinated, The plant itself is about 1 foot tall and 1 foot wide
Pictures are not so great with the sun but That is the plant
ad83426e.jpg

ab5277d0.jpg

fc68822a.jpg

The Bottle is for Prospective

If Im Correct this is a Naga Morich

It will be ok my garden started off slow like you Lil guy is then one day I looked out and some of the smallest and slow starters are the biggest of the bunch now.

Most of the time they will snap out of it and go back to producing normal sized leaves, flowers and pods. I have one datil plant that is on its second year that has always produced small leaves and tiny pods despite everything I do to remedy it. I have decided it is just a mutation of some sort and now I am keeping it just for kicks.

Yea I have a few jalapenos in full sun that are a foot tall and doing the same. They stay small but they will produce!!

Here is a small thai when it was in a 4 inch pot.

140-1.jpg

Indoors or in in-direct sunlight the leaves get nice and big to take in all the light they can, but when the full brightness of the sun gets them and/or the high temps of mid summer do, they stay smaller to prevent transpiration(loss of water) and do not need to take in as much light. Here is a Bhut from last year that produced over 100 full size pods. Remained in that tiny pot all year...

Pot size

SDC11796.jpg

Plant size

SDC11821.jpg

Flush with pods

SDC11871.jpg

SDC11870.jpg

SDC11823.jpg

SDC11822.jpg

Wow Miniature Pepper Plants are awesome I guess its part of there lives I just hope they pack in there heat I love you guys pictures makes me like that plant more than the rest now, Kudos to those awesome plants

Back