• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

container Minimum container size?

^ A few small bottles of hot sauce? :) One healthy plant in your grow zone, could potentially make about 2 gallons of sauce over the extended growing season. Then again this past summer was hot for some people down south, they lost a lot of blooms/potential peppers due to that.

That's awesome! I'll be happy with a few bottles of hot sauce by the middle/end o the summer, but you say gallons... We're gonna need a bigger boat ! Hahha! That's so cool. This is gonna be so much fun!

I've harvested over 100 Bhut Jolokias from a single plant this year in Georgia heat. Of course, the plant was started indoors last October so it was already pretty decent size by the time it was brought out in late March this year, but the point is if you've got a superhot variety, you can stretch the yield out into loads of sauce. To put it into perspective, roughly 3/4 of the pods I've gotten have given me 2.5oz of powder and I'm still harvesting weekly, and probably won't overwinter until around Halloween.

Back