Miracle fruit

I've seen a couple topics on this site about miracle and I've noticed that most people aren't willing to grow it because of its cost. I have a listing for miracle fruit plants on eBay
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miracle-Fruit-Plant/261212011354?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D8350942965067855902%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D261212011354%26). I have the best price for miracle fruit seedlings on the web so if you're interested make sure to check out my listing. I have promotions that vary from time to time and I will include superhot seeds in the future. If you're interested in a trade of miracle fruit seeds for pepper seeds then pm me. If you do purchase miracle fruit seedlings make sure to check out my guide at thefruitofmiracles.blogspot.com

Any idea how well these grow in southern california? We have the warmth, but not the humidity. It`s rare to get 70% humidity here and it mostly hovers around 40-50%. In winter we get desert winds and the humidity can drop to 5%. 

70% is ideal but the plants generally don't have a problem in 40-50%. When it gets below that its best to put them inside a greenhouse or cover them with a plastic bag.

I wonder how these would do if grown hydroponically. At what age do they begin producing fruit? I know they are extremely slow growing but I don't mind getting a seedling and trying it hydroponically.

They should grow without a problem in a hydroponics system and i would love for you to give updates on how it goes. They take 2-3 years to produce fruit but considering that the seedlings are almost 6 months old, they will take at least 1.5 years.

Well when I get a seedling, I will grow it hydroponically. When it gets a bit bigger, I will try to force it to bloom with nutrients. Maybe I can get fruit within only a year.

I don't think so. The plant rarely grows over 8" in its first year and as a general rule of thumb it has to be at least 12" to bear fruit.

Nigel said:
Any idea how well these grow in southern california? We have the warmth, but not the humidity. It`s rare to get 70% humidity here and it mostly hovers around 40-50%. In winter we get desert winds and the humidity can drop to 5%.
it didnt do to well for me .. i got a buddy from FL who sent me a couple he bought at HOME DEPOT.. $30 each for nice bushy plants in 1gal. unfortunately i never took care of them.. i found a place that sold em big.. and all the leaves died.. thought it was a goner.. but look.. its awake.. more leaves than this now this was taken a week ago

They must be taken care of and constantly monitored(at least every 3 days). King neglecting a miracle fruit tree is a huge mistake, it will never be successful on its own. If you look at my grow guide you can see that these plants aren't the best for beginners. Miracle fruit happens to be the first tree(it can grow to 20' under its native african conditions) that I've ever grown. Because it was the first and I didn't know what I was doing I ended up killing two plants before I mastered growing them. Mastery took years and I still don't know exactly what I'm doing that has been causing my miracle fruit trees to grow so large and produce so many fruit.

for comparison....i have believe in myself buddy... other priorities were more important at the time.. =D so neglect is a little too heavy :rolf:

it stands at a little over 3'

By neglect I mean not giving it the right water and not constantly monitoring it so neglecting miracle fruit isn't really neglect. It's good to believe in yourself especially with this plant.

Back