• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MisterNo's 2013 glog - still harvesting/processing... :)

It's that time of the year again, and I'm getting excited :)

I got my growing list set right at 50 varieties :fireball:
Not sure how I'm gonna pull ii off, but I sure will try :)

Here they are, in no particulare order:
Jalapeno Purple
Jalapeno M heavy corking
Fatalli Yellow
Naga Bhut Jolokia
Purrira
Bishop's crown
Red Cherry
Chile de Arbol
Big Jim Anaheim
Poblano
White Habanero
Habanero Mustard
Cayenne Thick
Habanero Red
Chocolate Habanero
Giant White Habanero
Habanero Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Red Savina
7 Pot Brain Strain
Serrano
Numex Bailey Piquin
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Cayenne Ring of Fire
Aji Cubanelle
Black Stinger
Cayenne Red
Scotch Bonnet
Somborckina
Vesena
Elephant
Yellow Trinidad Perfume
Tepin
Tigerteeth Habanero
Aji Yellow
Wiri Wiri ''Maa''
Tabasco
Peach Habalokia F2
Inca Berry
White Bullet Habanero
Yellow Trinidad Scorpion ''FG''
Red Rocoto
Wild Brasil
Yellow Datil
Fatalli Chocolate
Aribibi Gusano
Red Paper Lantern Habanero
Hungarian Wax
Orange Manzano
Orange Habanero
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
Scotch Bonnet Orange

I got almoust everything I need ready for a start this weekend. Hope it all goes well...

It is virtually impossible to start them all in the same time, so I will try some long growing peppers like Manzano first. Any other suggestions on what to start first?

Hi Robert
Glad to see you're back in the saddle again... I'll definitely be following.

I'd say you might want to start the Chinense varieties together. They've all pretty much got a 100 day season. I haven't grown the Pubiscens or Frutascens chiles yet, but they're also long-season peppers, no?

Good luck with your grow this year!

wow big list ... looks like you'll have your hands full but that's a great think IMHO, great success in 2013 :)

Quite a list of peppers, nice well rounded variety. That's a good idea to plant in stages.
Have fun with the start and good luck with this years harvest...

And another great looking list!! Geez what happened to growing seasons seems that everyone is almost growing year round now no matter what the climate or area. The indoor growing revolution is alive and well.

Best of luck with the season ahead
Cheers
Trippa

Thanks for stopping by guys, I appreciate your support very much :)

Since my heat pad didn't make it yet from the online shop, I started only a small batch last weekend.
Till it arrives, I'm going ghetto again, using router energy. There is not much energy loss in my house :D
For now I'm starting:
Red Rocoto (2x)
Peach Habalokia (2x)
Butch T (2x)
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (2x)

I'll be starting more of this varieties later, just to see the difference comparing early/late start.

As usual, I'm using jiffy pellets
http://www.pohrani.c...DHXsh/start.jpg

Temp is good, 25c, hope it goes well :)
We are having warm weather here for this time of the year (5 to 10C during the day), so I'm thinking about exposing them to the sun on the windowsill for a few hours a day.

Gonna start more varieties next weekend.

First hooks of the year - Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, on 7th day.

Not a big deal, but it is nice to see a start of the season. Now I know I didn't do anything wrong with the set up :)

Rick, thanks for the seeds, yet to become first plants of the year :)

:woohoo: Glad to see you're on your way Robert! I went with the coffee filter method for starting my superhots and I'm just starting to get radicles... Probably delayed them a couple days dialing in the thermostat attached to the seed heat mat. Cheers!

Grats on first hooks! That's a really awesome list.

Thanks. I'll try to get most out of it :)

:woohoo: Glad to see you're on your way Robert! I went with the coffee filter method for starting my superhots and I'm just starting to get radicles... Probably delayed them a couple days dialing in the thermostat attached to the seed heat mat. Cheers!

Thanks Rick. I don't have much germination space, so I didn't want to experiment, went with jiffies like last year.
I'm sure yours will come up soon :)

Quick question though, my germination box is completely without a light. How long can these hooks stay like that?
I still didn't prepare my growing box :D

This is how they look only 6 hours after the first pic:

Thanks. I'll try to get most out of it :)

Thanks Rick. I don't have much germination space, so I didn't want to experiment, went with jiffies like last year.
I'm sure yours will come up soon :)

Quick question though, my germination box is completely without a light. How long can these hooks stay like that?
I still didn't prepare my growing box :D

This is how they look only 6 hours after the first pic:
Hi Robert
Can you put them on a windowsill or something for a day or so until you set up the growbox? Once the cotyledons come out I think the peppers want light.

Thanks Rick!

I've created an improvised growbox for those few seedlings, they are safe and healthy.
there's also a few Butch T and Manzanos getting ready to hook up.

Alll in all, everything is going as planned, except I still didn't start a second batch.
We've been having a 30 hours blizzard here, with record breaking amount of snow in Zagreb (68cm), so I've been busy with cleaning up my yard most of the time.

Will post some pics later.

Wow, That's a lot of snow for one event. You stay safe Robert. Glad to hear your babies are doing well inside. Cheers!

First hooks of the year - Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, on 7th day.
Not a big deal, but it is nice to see a start of the season. Now I know I didn't do anything wrong with the set up :)
Yes, those hooks are always a good sign!

Wow, That's a lot of snow for one event. You stay safe Robert. Glad to hear your babies are doing well inside. Cheers!

Thanks Rick. Another blizzard is expected topmorrow, with 60cm of new snow. We are havinga real winter here :)

Yes, those hooks are always a good sign!

Thanks for stopping by Paul :

Here are Bhut Jolokia Indian carbon under the CFL lights:

Red Rocotto coming right up:

I think I have too much moist in germination box, will have to cut down on water (although I water them every other day with few drops):

Hey, No! Here's my $.02 for what it's worth. I'm not an expert,
but I think there are a few simple principles to consider.

As long as they are not sitting in water they should be okay.
I haven't used the little starters you are using, but I think your
goal is for an even distribution of moisture in the plug, not
for it to be 'wet'. If water drips out when you pick it up, it's
too wet. I expect the inside of the plug stays moist after the
outside dries out a bit.

You have a couple of nice varieties germinated, good luck
with those!

Thank on advice Paul :)

I think you're right, it's a bit too much water there. I'll have to stop watering for a while, and make more ventilation holes.

I'm thinking of a bigger ghetto germination box set - in a plastic box with aquarium heater and t5 on top. Just have to wait for a few days, to get some free time.

Things are doing ok here. First plants are making progress under the light :)

Got 3 Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbons and 1 Butch-T for now.

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon, 14 days old

I prepared a new batch today

And I'm also experimenting with an aqarium heater.
Gonna put a grow box in the water at optimum temp. :)

Nice looking pics Robert! That Bhut looks especially nice. Your water-based grow box looks like an interesting experiment. Keep us posted on how it does for you. I planted 15 of the Kurtovska Kapija seeds I got from you and all of them sprouted. Far freakin' out!!! :dance: Thanks guy!

Back