• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MisterNo's glog - harvest time :)

I was looking all of this beautiful glogs here, and decided it would be nice to share some info about my log also
icon_smile.gif

Thanks to good people from THP (Ela, SuperHot, Dshlogg) and some shops and ebay sellers), I've managed to collect a nice amount and variaty of hot pepper seeds.

1. Serrano
2. Purrira
3. Numex B. Piquin
4. Georgia Flame
5. Jalapeno M
6. Jalapeno Purple
7. Habanero Mustard
8. Scotch Bonnet Red
9. Habanero Red
10. Habanero Chocolate
11. Habanero Jamaican Hot Ch.
12. Habanero Red Savina
13. Habanero Mustard
14. Aji Habanero
15. Giant Wht Habaneros
16. West Indies Red
17. Black Stinger
18. Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
19. Bhut Jolokia Red
20. Fatalii Yellow
21. Fatalii Red
21. TS Butch
22. 7 Pot Brain Strain
23. Aji Cubanelle

Now, about my setup...
Since I have two jobs nowdays (lack of time) and I currently have a lack of space in my house, I've decided to improvize and try to keep thinga as simple as it gets, and with low budget costs.

For germination I used jiffy coco pellets soaked in chamomile tea. They are in the plastic box on my wifi router with a nice amount of heat and moisture. Temp inside is 26 ºC (78.8 ºF).
First to emerge from the pellets where west indies red, bhut jolokia red and aji habanero, on the sixt day.

Germination went great - I'm only waiting for giant white habs and red savina to come out, all of the others are already transfered to plastic cups, and put under the 32w (150w) Phillips Tornado bulbs (cool white, 6500k).

Weather in Zagreb is getting better, snow is melting, sun is coming out, so I put my plants on the table to soak up the sun in the midllde of the day, and in the afternoon I put them back in the setup box under the bulb. The box is covered all around with aluminium foil to reflect the light.

So far so good
icon_smile.gif

The first two peppers that came out (west indies and bhut jolokia), are also the fastest growers - they are 20 days old and hacve formed 3 pairs of true liefs. The other are mostly growing fine as well.

When they get bigger and the weather stabilizes, I will put them in bigger pots and transfer them to my parents farm, where they will enjoy plenty of sun and fresh air
icon_smile.gif

I've taken a lot of pics of my setups, I will upload them for you to see. This is what I have for now:
Germination set up:
2upzupd.jpg

Pellets:
11v18h4.jpg

Bhut jolokia chocolate, on seventh day from starting:
201udc.jpg

West Indies Red:
1zyu1ps.jpg

Reactions: Ela
You seem to have things up and running - sprouts
looking very energetic. Good luck with your babies!

Modem is a piece of sh!t, considering it's main purpose, but the extra heat is great for growing peppers.
Germination was excelent, 90% for now, and it isn't over yet :)

Thank you all for the postive feedbacks ;)

Here are the best speciments.
This is bhut jolokia, 20 days old:
o6eetu.jpg

This is west indies, also 20 days old:
34yah5h.jpg

Reactions: Ela
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee way to go buddy. Every beginig is a bit difficult and nerve wreaking but on the end the whole experience brings a lot of super hot joy. ;) Congrats and good luck to you.

P.S. Sretno i nezaboravi inkognito napapati susjede sa preljutim papricicama. :D

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee way to go buddy. Every beginig is a bit difficult and nerve wreaking but on the end the whole experience brings a lot of super hot joy. ;) Congrats and good luck to you.

P.S. Sretno i nezaboravi inkognito napapati susjede sa preljutim papricicama. :D

Thanks. Im'very pleased with results sofar :)

P.S. Susjedi bolje da paze kakvi su prema meni, ne znaju koji je moj adut u rukavu :D

Best looking babes so far:
bhut jolokia and west indies, 23 days old
25ujevt.jpg

7pot brain strain and bhut jolokia, 18 days old:
w85g5j.jpg

Hi pepper lovers :)
I was quite busy past month, no time for internet and forums :(
Inspite of that, I was taking pictures the hole time, so I've decided to give You an update.

This pictures are from 20th March:
This is the Bhut Jolokia (same one from picture abow):
1zyk8kz.jpg

And this is Aji Habanero:
34i3gg5.jpg

These were the best looking plants in the middle of March (the tallest one is Aji Habanero):
35k4zf4.jpg

I have more recent photos, I will upload them later.
2 weeks ago I transplanted 8 best plants to 3-4 gallon pots and they are spending their days and (almoust all) nights outdoor since then. We have a very worm weather in Zagreb past few weeks, so there is no danger from low temperatures. Although, since they were transplanted, plants are in a sort of stagnation, or a slow growth (snail speed growth).
Two Aji Habaneros have a few buds for two weeks now, and they still didnt develop flowers.

I guess they are adjusting to bigger pots and the sun.

I also have some new ones growing up:
o8ctaa.jpg

Actually, I have plenty of new ones growing up, but more about that later - more pics and info to come :)

New ones are not on the modem heating, they are in styrofoam pots, and the sun here provides plenty of wormth through day, and over night they are indoors.

These are the new ones, I seminated them two weeks ago, and thanks to a lot of sunny weather, they sprouted great after only a week:
21ca1oh.jpg

About 200 hundred new plants, some of them are sweet peppers and tomatoes, but most of them (about 150) are hot hot pepper varieties :)

Update with new pictures and some questions, hhope somebody finds the time to answer :)

Purrira pepper, only 5 weeks old, fast grower :)
vni0sp.jpg

First one budding up - Aji Habanero :)
14js468.jpg

The other Aji Haba is heaving problems - notice in the pic. Is this a sunburn or what? Should I remove those leafes or not?
This problem is over two weeks old, it's been growing fine with it, so I'm not sure what to do.
1vs2.jpg

Nice looking fatalii plant, growing slowly, developing leaves but not growing tall till now
4gggle.jpg

This one is another bhut jolokia, having some leaf issues - on few leafes there are some parts missing. The leaf has this part missing since the plant was two weeks old (now is two months old), I thouhg it was an insect, but no other palnts had this issue...
Also, there is some dust and diret on the plant, should I wash it out when this happens or leave it be?
34641w5.jpg

Thanks for your time :)

Updated first post, my growing list is now complete.

Not sure if Aji Cubanelle is considered a hot or sweet pepper?
Couldn't get a Poblano seeds, so I bought these instead...

I have pepers in all stages now, from young plants to plants flowering up. With a little bit of luck and good weather, I should have a long pepper season, with peppers ripening from June to October :)

Bad weather conditions in my town, a period full of rain, with short sun periods, with temps from 41F (min) to 65F (max). It will last for a week probably.
Due to lack of indoor space, I decided put my peppers out in a small greenhouse i just bought, to get the most of the sun:
jjo5sj.jpg

More peppers are forming buds, probably because I just started fertilizing them.
I I will definetly pinch buds out on the most of them - some of the pepper are only 7 inches tall, way to early to get flowers...
On the other hand, I also have few plants that are 1 feet tall, I will leave there buds and hope for the best :)

Bad weather continues here, plants are halted in their growth. I have about 250 plants (peppers and tomatoes) waiting to go outside, because I have don't have lights for them :(
I was hoping to get some peppers early in june, but it doesn't look that way now :D

What is the approximate amount of time that a pepper needs from flower to first pods? About two months?

Weather forecast is not good, another week of clouds and rain is ahead of us, I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed, that all plabnts are going to survive :)

Finaly!
Aji Habanero is flowering, a month after the buds came out :D
The first one this year, been waiting long for this :)
2el8gls.jpg

A lot of sun in Croatia last few days, it is really hot.
116F (47C) in the greenhouse yesterday, I had to open it up, it was really to hot!!!
Temps are gonna be high till the end of the week (everyday the temps are gonna be over 77F/25C, wich is over 95F in the sun), I hope that more peppers will use this sun and flower up :)

The first one to show off, AJi Habanero again, exactly 90 days after germination :)
2lagdvc.jpg

We are having great weather , plants are growing great!

Amazing baby pod MisterNo I got excited seeing my first baby fatalii for the year today in my garden. How are you dropping the weather temp in your greenhouse are you just leaving it open or is there a fan.

I'm just leaving it open. It brings temps down only for a few deegres, but plants seem to enjoy high temps, I haven't noticed any problems, they are all growing and budding very well. I've relocated most of the plants to my parents countryside house, so I have only ten plants in the greenhouse. The one from the photo is there, not in the greenhouse.

What are the safe high temps for peppers? wouldn't like to kill them :(

We had three extreme days here, temps went sky high, it was 115F in greenhouse for a few hours every day
But like I said, peppers seem to be doing fine :)

I know it seems like I'm talking to myself, with all the posts, but this is kind of a diary for me :D

This was a hard working weekend, i planted 26 hot peppers, 23 sweet peppers, 4 tomatillos and 50 tomatoes in the ground.
I have a 170 more tomatoes and 20 hot peppers that need to grow a little bit more before I put them in the ground. Maybe in two weeks. Also, I left about twenty hot peppers in pots, to see the difference.
Some pics:
jpg8pz.jpg

Few hours late, those in plastic bottles are now here :)
29yjx37.jpg

Unfortunately, I lost marks for the names of this two peppers :(

And of course, every grower needs a guard that will look after his plants. I have one also :)
2l8f7z5.jpg

Back