• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mitch's Pics (flowers and pods)

Very nice! Love your sunshine!
I can't wait to see how these develop...
How big are the pots?

I like the way you catch the flowers looks cool. Keep up the great growing you certainly have the knack. ;)

Very nice! Love your sunshine!
I can't wait to see how these develop...
How big are the pots?
thanks paul :) Yes i have been very lucky with some amazing weather in Melbourne lately. The choc hab, yellow 7, aji amarillo and scotch bonnets are in 10 litre buckets with holes drilled in the bottom. The other pots range from 20l-50l. However the size of the pots desnt seem to be making much of a difference. I will continue to post pics as they ripen and get more flowers, buds, etc :)
I like the way you catch the flowers looks cool. Keep up the great growing you certainly have the knack. ;)
cheers Nova :) this is my first year and I have been pretty lucky. Just playing around with the camera, and a few turned out better then I expected. :)

thought i might add the camera is a panasonic lumix by the way. 8 x optical zoom and 16 mega pixel. Got 2 of them for the price of one ($250) at harvey norman during a promotion a few months back, the girlfriend needed one so I thought I may as well get one two and take a few snaps. Takes a pretty good picture for a relatively cheap camera :)

Bloody great deal! Hardley Normal is shitting itself at the moment because of online purchases! You win! :lol:

Hell yeah, i like taking my two boys and their mates to HN purely to teach them the finer points of capitalism. IE wear no shoes and look like a general bogan family and try out EVERY piece of furniture letting the kids try them out as well. Gotta teach your kids from an early age who is boss of their dollar! :lol:

thought i might add the camera is a panasonic lumix by the way. 8 x optical zoom and 16 mega pixel. Got 2 of them for the price of one ($250) at harvey norman during a promotion a few months back, the girlfriend needed one so I thought I may as well get one two and take a few snaps. Takes a pretty good picture for a relatively cheap camera :)
My wife got one of those at Cosco - yeah great camera for a great price. Their outstanding feature, at least on hers, is the Leitz Wetzlar (Think Leica cameras) lens. A really superior piece of optics. Good choice!

Hell yeah, i like taking my two boys and their mates to HN purely to teach them the finer points of capitalism. IE wear no shoes and look like a general bogan family and try out EVERY piece of furniture letting the kids try them out as well. Gotta teach your kids from an early age who is boss of their dollar! :lol:
haha Nice :cool:
My wife got one of those at Cosco - yeah great camera for a great price. Their outstanding feature, at least on hers, is the Leitz Wetzlar (Think Leica cameras) lens. A really superior piece of optics. Good choice!
Exactly Paul. The Lens is great quality, I think the around the best you can get for a camera at this price. Thanks :)

few more pics

Getting heaps of yellow 7's now :D
P1000387.jpg

Love the different shapes of the 7's
P1000389.jpg

Rocoto flower about to burst (suprised im getting flowers in its first season)
P1000395.jpg

Bishops crown flower
P1000392.jpg

Choc Hab's plenty of these on the plant too
P1000390.jpg

Heaps of aji amarillos coming
P1000391.jpg

Cheers
Mitch

Those are awesome, I can't wait to take pics of my plants this coming summer now that I have a macro lens. I just looked up the black pearl peppers and I didn't even know they existed. I definitely have to add that to my "wants" list on the trading forum now, just for the looks. How are the black pearls on flavor and hot? I know they're considered ornamental, but normally when I hear that I always think they're more for show and less for eating.

Also, that pic you said are chocolate habs, they look a little...pointy, lol. Is that the right pic you meant to show? Unless there's another type I don't know about.

m47mx.png

this is what my yellow 7 looked like, yours will be beautiful

that looks awesome pecs :) cant wait till they ripen!
Those are awesome, I can't wait to take pics of my plants this coming summer now that I have a macro lens. I just looked up the black pearl peppers and I didn't even know they existed. I definitely have to add that to my "wants" list on the trading forum now, just for the looks. How are the black pearls on flavor and hot? I know they're considered ornamental, but normally when I hear that I always think they're more for show and less for eating.

Also, that pic you said are chocolate habs, they look a little...pointy, lol. Is that the right pic you meant to show? Unless there's another type I don't know about.

Thanks IamFcon :)
The black pearl is nice I believe. It packs a bit more punch then I thought it would which is great. More of an upfront burn from the start. Not like the burn at the back of the throat you get with the super hots. I reccommend growing them. They produce heaps of pods for a small bushy plant and the taste is nice, bit like capsicum or red peppers. :)

I am not sure about the choc habs, it is definately the right pic and it says choc hab on the pot haha :D . Some of the others are more rounded though. Varying in shape much like the Yellow 7.

Cheers

few more pics

scotch bonnet ripening
P1000418.jpg

yellow 7 ripe (poor quality from iphone)
P1000426.jpg

ate the yellow 7 last night and boy was it hot, tasted amazing, best flavoured chilli I have had by miles! Tasted like pineapple :) (off iphone again)!! :flamethrower:
P1000425.jpg

more yellow 7's
P1000422.jpg

bishops crown
P1000415.jpg

heap of aji amarillos (must have 100-150 on one plant)
P1000414.jpg

jalapenos
P1000417.jpg

picked jalapenos
P1000424.jpg

Cheers

Mitch

Back