• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Mixed emotions and fear of the JOLOKIA. Emotional breakDOWN! :-p

Since this is more of a rant than anything actually related to growing I thought I'd toss this thread in the lounge.....

Ok guys, the Jolokia is starting to look very scary. It rained for a couple days and I was busy, but in a couple days this first fruit is going mammoth! Maybe I just didnt realize how big these things were even after watching videos like THEHIPPIES. It's pointy, wrinkly and still only a lime color. I am very VERY SCARED. Is this a good thing that it's so scary so I can respect it? Or is this pepper so evil that I just want to get it far far away from me. I mean the devil tongue is evil looking, but this is a whole nother level. Maybe my inexperience is showing here, but WTF I saw this pepper and was consumed with ANXIETY.

I am not trying to be funny, This thing is growing so ugly and so big so fast that I am starting to think aliens tweeked it's genetics. THESE PEPPERS ARE NOT OF THIS WORLD:!:

Im sorry I wasnt thinking of at the time so nothing to guague itis size. and i didnt have a quarter on me.

JUNE 2nd
6-2-2009007.jpg

JUNE 6th
6-6-2009008.jpg

I think you're rightfully concerned. Cause since you brought it up, now you're gonna have to do it straight up like Neil.

Aside from some of my hot sauce, which is probably only about 50% orange hab, I really haven't eaten anything too hot all winter long, and even before that I've never had experience with heat like the stuff I'm growing this year.

I bought a webcam specifically for eating hot stuff on tape so I can post it here for the lulz I'm hoping it will bring to everyone.

I'm nervous and scared, as well. I try to think past the pain, though. I know it will only be temporary, and I want you guys laughing your asses off at my discomfort.

Nope, you should fear it, only us professionals (THSC, Quad, and me) are licensed to wield the Jolokia. They are one gnarly, evil looking pod. Careful where you point that pod. :lol:

I keep looking at that jar of Dorsets swimming in Aussie 50% Moonshine in my fridge....and wondering what would happen if I ate a whole one....

IDK which would kill me first, the 'shine or the Naga....
10.gif

I finally picked up some seeds. But at least you had the courage to grow it. I chickened out. LOL
As far as consuming one... habaneros scare me. Yes, I'm a wimp.

Poisonette said:
I finally picked up some seeds. But at least you had the courage to grow it. I chickened out. LOL
As far as consuming one... habaneros scare me. Yes, I'm a wimp.

As I see the pods growing I fear I'm way out if my league. LOL

imaguitargod said:
Nope, you should fear it, only us professionals (THSC, Quad, and me) are licensed to wield the Jolokia. They are one gnarly, evil looking pod. Careful where you point that pod. :lol:

Um,...Ahem...:cool:

Gimme' that 'thang! I've eaten things that would make a billy goat puke! I don't want to leave this world without taking a shot at the title with a Trini Scorp or the Naga. When I do...
pray for me.

Cheers, TB.

FiveSix said:
Im guessing you film yourself or have witness's that can verify you ate the fu**er and handeled it well. :?::?:

I'm bound and determined to get the first part this year, as far as handling it well...

Back