• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mkbtank's first year of superhots

[SIZE=10.5pt]OK, so this was my first year growing superhots.  I live just outside of Philly.    I grew about 20 different peppers (Reapers, Moruga and trinidad scorpions, Lemon, ghosts, habanero, Bell, Jalepeno, etc).  I was thrilled with the garden but will likely not grow as many plants next year.  These guys were battling for sunlight and grew really tall and much less bushy than i would like.  I realize that they are not as neat as many of yours I bet, but I did not prune at all aside from Topping in the beginning (Which worked really well)    I did get great pods though,  so I'm not complaining.    I love to pickle them with other vegetables and will be doing my second batch this weekend i think.    Given the ratio of superhots now, I will have to add a bit more other veggies this time woohoo  :surprised:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Here are a few pics from this morning: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Overall of the front row (Left to right - Reapers, lemon peppers, moruga, ghosts):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] 
Yjo1jYY.png
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Reapers:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
xxlHhtc.png

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Moruga Scorpions:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
qfcspd6.png

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Scorpion and longhots (and a ghost):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]
POtszMv.png
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Please tell me what these guys are:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
awZs1IB.png

And these please:
eHmrhiQ.png

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]I have a video I will try to throw up some time if I can.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Thanks for looking [/SIZE] 

Nice looking garden. Well done.
First "unknown" is a chocolate 7 pot. Very hot. Just under the Moruga on the Scoville scale.
The second unknow could really be several. Tough to tell from the pic. Actually kinda looks like a mild or sweet. It really could be anything. Looks very common. Carmen Sweet Italian maybe?
Ever grow any Peter Peppers? You seem like the kind of guy that would love them.

TexasHotPeppers said:
Very Impressive!! I would never have guessed this was your first year growing superhots, great job!
Thank you very much! 

parker49 said:
They look good to me, nice grow.

HaleMoana said:
Nice looking garden. Well done.
First "unknown" is a chocolate 7 pot. Very hot. Just under the Moruga on the Scoville scale.
The second unknow could really be several. Tough to tell from the pic. Actually kinda looks like a mild or sweet. It really could be anything. Looks very common. Carmen Sweet Italian maybe?
Ever grow any Peter Peppers? You seem like the kind of guy that would love them.
lol.. Thanks I am about to post your reply when I first texted them to you.    I will hold off, since you are my Pepper Sponsor after all.   

Getting cold so I picked most of my current pods.   This is the biggest bowl we have (Giant salad bowl...)   Put quarters in for perspective :) 

WRsKYfg.png

VqepWTI.png

Back