• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

mmcdermott1 Grow List Log 2011

Well here is my grow list and status. I had a smaller home built greenhouse but I am quickly running out of room so I built a 8' long x 2' deep x 4' high one last night. Used reflective 4x8 sheet in back and bottom/sides/top are some r13 insulation that is suppose to have 98% reflectivity. We shall see. As of now, I have 445 seeds planted and/or purchased and 147 germinated seeds. Other than the 2010 Jalapeno, all seeds with a "0" germination have not been planted yet and/or were just planted in the past few day. My favorite new supplier is Trade Winds Fruit. Their seeds are germinating at an unbelievable rate. My current list is....

PepperList.png

My future chili heads..twins Izabel and Andru checking out plants with dad. Izabel is actually already training for chili head status. In the past few weeks she has gotten into the hot sauce twice on accident..including Black Mamba in the eyes :)

twins.jpg

Nice pics MMCs It is great to see your little guys being involved in growing peppers at young age. We have 13 y old son who is madly in love with super hots. He can’t get enough of them.:eek: On the other hand our 11 y old daughter runs away from this stuff. :lol:

Keep up with good work and keep your little angles safe around super hots. Good luck with your new gardening adventure. :)

Just transplanted about 10 more plants. About 40-50 more still in flats but will be getting transplanted within the next week. For sure ready to be done with transplanting arrgg.. :)
ready for garden and big pots for some plants

ok..im not sure..and I hope not yet..but I just looked at my plants a little closer and I think I have some blooms starting on them. These plants are only 4-5 inches tall right now...hmmm
Will have to post some pics and let you all decide

Wow! I can't believe yours started flowering so soon! I'm guessing I will probably do the same since my plants have already been stunted a little from the soil issue I had.

Wow! I can't believe yours started flowering so soon! I'm guessing I will probably do the same since my plants have already been stunted a little from the soil issue I had.

yea i was a bit surprised myself. I actually wasnt even looking for the blooms. I was in checking some other things out and the ones in the back caught my eye...was like "WHAT".. :shocked:

64 degrees out in Ohio! Woo-hoo!! So nice I took a few peppers out of the basement and out to the greenhouse outside :) Of course I will baby them and bring them back in tonight..where I know they will be safe. Spring is on it's way! :dance:

64 F in March? :eek: I'm jealous now. :) How about some snow and skiing? :lol: We got lucky today and hit 46 F for a change. How about that? :lol: Living in 4a Zone we're lucky if we could bring our babies outside in first week of June. :rofl: :rofl:
Btwy, your peppers are looking pretty good.

Well I know its only been a day but thought i would post a few more pics. Some are just seedlings still (but growing fast) and others are my bigger babies. I also transplanted two long red slims tonight. Even though the root ball was excellent, they were falling over. I think I may have planted to shallow or something. They look healthy, just falling over. I also included a pic of my Roma mater plant my daughter and I did for her science fair project. That sucker is growing by the hour.

100_2437.jpg

100_2438.jpg

100_2439.jpg

100_2440.jpg

100_2441.jpg

100_2442.jpg

OMG this little adventure of ours is turning out like having kids. We are taking pics of them daily....just like newbie parents. :rofl: :rofl:

Same thing here and I don't have kids :).

I have a really good camera that I used only to shoot video for my job and since I planted my first seeds 6 days ago I probably took about 25 photos of my seedlings.

Back