• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

That's the way I feel about undercooked bacon. I'm sure that if we were meant to eat it that way they would have bacon flavored bubble gum.

texas blues said:
What? How did this thread get corrupted? Get out all of ya'll unless you're posting about poppers or you will be 86'd! I mean it! Put the beer down and beat it!

Salute', TB.

I did put down the beer...and a number offffff
other assorted liquids of noxious and yummy refrain...

S6304062.jpg

I'm nto going anywhere, sir. ;)

If sytanding up wasnt such a challenge, I might make apopper thingy..but me + fire isnt a grande idea atm...heheh...

*downside to minifriodge...ya can get shitfaced and never even move..

QuadShotz said:
I did put down the beer...and a number offffff
other assorted liquids of noxious and yummy refrain...

S6304062.jpg

I'm nto going anywhere, sir. ;)

If sytanding up wasnt such a challenge, I might make apopper thingy..but me + fire isnt a grande idea atm...heheh...

*downside to minifriodge...ya can get shitfaced and never even move..

That wasn't meant for you Quady. You sir are first class.

Drunk, TB.

cheezydemon said:
Ahem....you make POOPERS out of yellow habs????

WTF!!!!

TB fail.

The word poop and yellow hab shall henceforth NEVER go together!

UNDERSTOOD???

;)

Wrong. Go to the "Tales from the Loo: Chile's Attack" thread. I do make poopers from habs.
Now remove the FAIL.

Salute', TB.

Banana Pepper Rings stuffed w/ 2 cheeses and Habby-Seared Scallops

This was gonna be idea #2 for the Throwdown, but it's good anyways.

Prep...

S6304094.jpg

Some nice sweet 'lil Scallops, sweet-hot Banana Chiles, green onion, Orange Habanero, Mozz & Havarti cheeses. (the bottle hiding back there is Arbol chile powder)

I seared the scallops in butter with minced hab, green onion, and a sprinkle of Seafood Salt, Arbol and Pepper. Then, let them set a bit. Afterwards I minced 'em up with the rest of the hab and onion, added sprinkle of sea salt and finely ground pepper.

Cut some 1/4" rings outa the peppers, and pressed in the cheeses.
Then, I took a bit of the scallop mixture and pressed into the cheese with a spoon.

S6304104.jpg

Put 'em in the fridge for awhile to firm up, then, dredged 'em in seasoned flour, egg, and likewise seasoned Panko crumbs.

(Used Arbol + Cayene powder, s&p, my homemade season salt, and garlic in the flour and Panko)

Now we FRY!

It's my first time truly frying this way..real thermometer and all. Part of reason I seared the scallops was for flavor...and partly so I could lower the fry temps a bit so as not to destroy the peppers and cheese. Scallops are usually 365F...I used about 345-350F and they came out perfect.

Bubble, Bubble!!
S6304105.jpg

Part 2

Now I let em drain/cool on my toaster oven's removable rack & pan.

Helll yea....
S6304109.jpg

Mixed together The Mae Ploy, Sriracha, my HabbyHorsey sauce, and Scorpion's Lust sauce for a awesome dip and plated it up....

OMG..I can't take it..it's tooo delish!
S6304112.jpg

Delicate sweet scallop and hab flavors, mild onion and sweet-hot peppers...harvarti and mozz...

All sealed together in an amazing seasoned crunchfest of a crust. :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Thx!

I don't think it would've been a problem really.

Just skewer 'em through the pepper ring...rather thick-walled peppers those were.

Since the cheese was whole, not grated, plus everything had been refrigerated, I think it would've held together on the stick...I got bamboo skewers...pretty good sized and semi-rough.

Bloody yummo either way. :D

Speaking of bloody, you just reminded me I wanted to post how good my Naga bloody mary was yesterday. Naga vodka, tomato juice, horseradish, worcestershire, hot sauce from hell, celery salt, sea salt, black pepper, my 7 pepper blend, and a lemon slice rubbed around the rim and the glass dipped in bbq rub. Beautiful and nice throat burn. Has nothing to do with poppers, but whatever, it's still good and is a lot closer to poppers than bacon fat...:lol:

JayT said:
Very nice Quad. Looks tasty. You woulda had trouble keeping them on a stick to fry though.

I like Jalapeno on a stick... ...tawkin' a bit too much though...

JayT said:
Has nothing to do with poppers, but whatever, it's still good and is a lot closer to poppers than bacon fat...:lol:
:D

4 watching the gators the other day.
IMG00243.jpg

IMG00244.jpg

no finalproduct prepped at my house webered at friends, i could only eat two of the habs this time:onfire: also on the board poblano quartered, orange hab,jalapeno,anaheim. most were stuffed with beef a few cream cheese.all baconated oh yeah ppj heluva feel like a fail no final pics but they were hot soo :mouthonfire:

JayT said:
Definitely not a fail. Those look good and leave me with a feeling of anticipation...

'Lawd have mercy! Jay hears or see's the word "popper" and instantly goes into popper whore mode. Not that its a bad 'thang though. Pimpin' for poppers. I like it.

Salute', TB.

texas blues said:
'Lawd have mercy! Jay hears or see's the word "popper" and instantly goes into popper whore mode. Not that its a bad 'thang though. Pimpin' for poppers. I like it.

Salute', TB.

What can I say I love me some poppers. Made some fatalii ones tonight. I didn't have an iso pic so I posted it along with the rest of the mayhem in the Drunken Chef thread.

Back