• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

texas blues said:
Dude if you do it before Passow...that would make you the new Naga Overlord! That in theory could start a gangland style war over turf and power. It could go on for years and cost thousands of lives....so be it then. Who amongst us can control our animalistic lust for heat and the watching of others inflicting pain on themselves in such an orgiastic culinary fashion? Nay..I say unto you that when that day doth come upon us and the bringer of death arises and......

(sorry 'bout that)

Someone get JayT some Naga's pronto!

Maximo! Maximo! Maximo! Maximo!...

Cheers, TB.
You crack me up :(
JayT said:
LMAOROFL!!!! Nah, IGG is the original maverick. I can never supplant him. Nor will I try to. Hell the guy gargles Jersey Death sauce in the morning. I just love nagas and poppers and if, no, when I have nagas again, I will make and eat the poppers. I am just humbly proud to be mentioned in the same breath as IGG for pepper eating supremacy. hee hee. You know I just had an idea... AJ...oh, AJ...
:)

AlabamaJack said:
yes, JayT?

How about when I send you your care package, I send along a tupperware and you send me back a few nagas and whatever else you feel like (a bhut if you have one since I haven't had that one yet). Then, I will make some naga poppers and post pics for these peeps?

JayT said:
How about when I send you your care package, I send along a tupperware and you send me back a few nagas and whatever else you feel like (a bhut if you have one since I haven't had that one yet). Then, I will make some naga poppers and post pics for these peeps?

You can do it JayT! Be our new Naga Lord!

I got everything to make poppers, some huge jalapenos and some massive habaneros and f'ing forgot BACON!!!!1 I'm so mad i have to drive half-way across town now grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I'll post pics of these habs when I get back, biggest ones I've ever seen.

Before:
3026768312_409ce1d796_o.jpg

After:
3025935077_3012c75a57_o.jpg

Just ate the first small yellow hab.....WOW! Much, MUCH tastier than jalapeno poppers and suprisingly it doesn't seem to be any hotter than the jalapeno ones. They didn't hold up quite as well, you have to be gentle getting them off the pan but wow. That habanero flavor mixed with my top secret filling is a winner for sure.

K its not that top secret, here's what I put in this batch, approximated from largest volume to least:

Cream cheese
sharp cheddar cheese
minced shallots
minced ham
sumac (click for explanation)
savory leaf (click)
san antonio chili powder
garlic powder
black pepper
lemon zest
squeeze of lemon juice

Really nice poppers! So we successfully filled this thread with life again! And I'm drooling once again! IGG: Next bucket please!:):lol:

I have a question: why so little bacon?? need more bacon!!!!

I also have to say since being on here I saw your guys poppers and they looked great. Only problem is I've made them like 4 times since (cream cheese stuffed w/ bacon wrapped). I think this site is contributing to the determent of my health!! Thanks. :shocked:

peter pepper said:
I have a question: why so little bacon?? need more bacon!!!!

Lol cause I had every intention of eating that whole pan. I cut each piece of bacon in 3 pieces so that it just wraps 1 time around the pepper. Plus there is minced smoked ham in the filling :shocked: At this grocery store down town they sell lunchmeat ends for half-price. So I got like a 1/3 lb of good quality smoked deli ham for $1.25 and chopped it up real fine and mixed it in.

Armadillo said:
Did you do it?:lol:

I saved about 5 for a side with lunch today. It took a lot of willpower though. The yellow habs were my favorite of all, had the strongest hab flavor, perfect heat level. That hab fruitiness mixed with the savory leaf makes a divine combination.

Txclosetgrower said:
I saved about 5 for a side with lunch today. It took a lot of willpower though. The yellow habs were my favorite of all, had the strongest hab flavor, perfect heat level. That hab fruitiness mixed with the savory leaf makes a divine combination.

You scare me! Those four half pods were absolutely enough for me! :shocked:

Back