• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

STEVE954 said:
ATTENTION CHILIHEADS! I now have over a gazillion MoA seeds. Any who wishes to grow this strain can pm me. … …
I have to tell you that you are too generous and you have a rocking grow going [SIZE=12pt]♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪[/SIZE] Hat’s off mon \o_

Ok now that the compliments are over when I first read this I had a feeling you would be opening “Pandora’s Box,” with a wave of pm’s that no one here would like to have per our conversation last night. I know a lot of peeps out there are going to be mad at me for saying this but you should select key peeps in certain areas and let them help distribute some seeds rather than you fielding all the pm’s you are currently getting and will be getting as peeps read your post. Personally I’m not sure how you are getting to all of them as I know you still have a bad issue with your PC, have a young family and full time job ... that's gotta be hard.

Steve, I know you want to get these out there for free, increase the MoA growers and have credit for the MoA name. I have no issues with any of your goals, in fact I think they are great. AFAIK you already have the credit for the MoA name but that’s why I made a big stink about this thread, it should be your thread even if you can not post that much due to work, family and other issues (PC), I’m sure all the Chiliheads understand. Besides the original peeps growing these for you have been posting pictures. I’d give thought to having some of them that you supplied seeds to distribute some for you from their crop. This would lighten the load for you …

Personally I’m going to distribute to those I have talked to in my glog and I have no doubt they will yield great plants and seeds. Unlike you I have limited quantities but I think I should have a second wave hitting soon as I’m seeing some new flower development but not a lot. I will only distribute “Grade A” seeds. I further know that they will turn around and distribute their seeds to others. So in the end this will accomplish what you want, it may take longer but I have no idea how you are going to deal with the flood of pm’s you are currently getting and will be getting knowing how busy you are at this point in your life.

My apologies to anyone who may dislike my words here but I do feel that eventually these seeds will get out and should continue being called the MoA short for Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture Scotch Bonnet so dubbed (named) by STEVE954 (Steve) and he deserves to get all the credit for the name, kudos for doing this for free or at cost of shipping. These are the real McCoy and eventually all should have some seed to grow … people just be patient with Steve and others resending … again hat's off Steve & Respect mon \o_

Click on either picture to read my review and/or thoughts about the MoA taste/etc. Please provide me feedback to your thoughts once you have eaten a MoA, enjoy!

I agree with you Walkgood I am making sure Steve is not out of pocket for helping me out. I too know and have delt with a sudden interest with my free seed offer season before last. Can't wait to give these a go and isolate and help spread them in the community next year
Cheers guys

I figured Steve would get bombarded with pm's.  Mine being one of them.   Why doesn't he close it until
he can catch up, or just do 10 at a time.  I know quite a few of you he shared seeds with will be able to
distribute some also...
I don't think Steve knew he would get so many pm's.  Poor guy.  

Nice pics of the MoA's, bro!  I am really disappointed my two
seedlings tanked.  I was really looking forward to growing that
one out!  Hope to get some more MoA seeds to try next year -
your pods look picture perfect - a great shape!

I've got 4 healthy seedlings from seeds Steve sent to me.  They're still pretty small, but starting to take off. 

roper2008 said:
I figured Steve would get bombarded with pm's.  Mine being one of them.   Why doesn't he close it until
he can catch up, or just do 10 at a time.  I know quite a few of you he shared seeds with will be able to
distribute some also...
I don't think Steve knew he would get so many pm's.  Poor guy.
i didnt even try....50 message limit and all....i just put some feelers out elsewhere... this place is full of great growers that got the skills and the goods.

PepperJam said:
Good points Walkgood, how are you guys isolating these to maintain genetics? Right now, mine are OP. Once the plant stabilizes in growth i'll try isolating flowers or branches.
Mine are still seedlings, but when the time comes, I plan to use Agribon row cover to isolate mine.  Small bags for flowers and branches and hopefully larger covers for entire potted plants.  Probably use a wire or pvc frame to support the cover.  I also want to cross-pollinate amongst my four plants to maintain the genetic diversity of the strain (as well as four plants can).  I plan to use rubber cement, possibly diluted with mineral spirits, to make weather resistant seams (I'll let y'all know how that turns out) and string or twist ties for closure.

Pepper-Guru said:
i didnt even try....50 message limit and all....i just put some feelers out elsewhere... this place is full of great growers that got the skills and the goods.

I will be more than happy to send you seeds. I have enough to go around. Pm me.

Thank you Ramon for the kind words and for always having my back bredren.You ma bwhy. Everyting Irie.

Greg, how are you sir?! Wanted to let you know I was selected for the apprenticeship with local 728! Starts Jan 2014. Any update on the Ocho Rios SB?  

International Chiliheads:

I spoke to Denniz this morning and he has agreed to help send MoA seeds to chiliheads abroad. Thank you Denniz.

Anyone who is interested in these seeds, Lucky Dog, Jungle Rain, ect. Pm me. I will get them out. 

Someone Pm me asking how many seeds I will be sending. Each package will contain 12 seeds from Grade A pods.

I want to thank everyone here who has considered helping me get these seeds out to THP community. Did someone call me a poor guy? ;-)

Looking good PepperJam. Btw I only sent him 3 original seeds.

STEVE954 said:

I will be more than happy to send you seeds. I have enough to go around. Pm me.

Thank you Ramon for the kind words and for always having my back bredren.You ma bwhy. Everyting Irie.

Greg, how are you sir?! Wanted to let you know I was selected for the apprenticeship with local 728! Starts Jan 2014. Any update on the Ocho Rios SB?  

International Chiliheads:

I spoke to Denniz this morning and he has agreed to help send MoA seeds to chiliheads abroad. Thank you Denniz.

Anyone who is interested in these seeds, Lucky Dog, Jungle Rain, ect. Pm me. I will get them out. 

Someone Pm me asking how many seeds I will be sending. Each package will contain 12 seeds from Grade A pods.

I want to thank everyone here who has considered helping me get these seeds out to THP community. Did someone call me a poor guy? ;-)

Looking good PepperJam. Btw I only sent him 3 original seeds.
What a swell guy!   Congrats on the apprenticeship buddy!  SOon I will be able to take over some of the workload mon!  THanks again!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
here goes the BOMBARDING PMs.. folks.. i will take the INT'L people now..please PM me your addy... when the seeds come i will send it to you the best way i can get it to you =D
Cool! You got my PM?

I appreciate that Jamison. Hows the whiskey sippin Tennesse boys treatin you out there?!

Received packages from MGOLD86 and Roper2008.

Gathering seeds together will go out Monday.

Denniz I am sending you 100 MoA seeds for international growers. Let me know if you need more.

003_zps68df4f9d.jpg

012_zpsa7a567cd.jpg

001_zps33d5f6d4.jpg

005_zps5d1f47af.jpg

I just sent my sasbe today, I work a pretty crazy schedule so I just fixed it and dropped it off at the PO.

I also browse a a pepper forum from Spain, that would be cool if you can send me a few extra to send these guys some also from Argentina. If not it's good I can send them a few of what I get. Thanks again Steve, this is gona be epic. :D.

, Walter

Back