Mobile App

Can anyone shed light on whether this forum has a mobile app being made?

Not sure how many would be interested in mobile support, but I am...

The forum is based on IP.Board. it has a built in mobile user interface. just choose the skin 'THP Mobile' instead of 'THP' at the bottom of the page.

Also, there's an IP.Board app that lets you add different forums to it. it will work nicely with THP. :)

Use the full site. Mobile site is terrible. 99.999% I am on my mobile device here. It's nice to be able to get my THP fix during the day. Just wish my life would afford me the opportunity to sit at my pc and relax once.

I have been all android for about six months now. Thats right everything typed with one finger.
I started writing this yesterday :D

I have been all android for about six months now. Thats right everything typed with one finger.
I started writing this yesterday :D

HAHA +1
Tried going on chat by switching to normal internet still on my 4year old android, 10 minutes to load, 20 minutes to type a 5 word sentence, and 15 minutes before someone sees it. Meanwhile this message has taken me 30 minutes :D
Aaron

Mobile site is fine. I used it at first for the first week on THP. Now I use the full site on my mobile about 75% of the time cuz you can see more information. But still the only internet I have is my droid phone. I have a laptop that's about 10 years old and so internet on that is ridiculous. Anyway you get used to both sites I think. I would however like a few more options on the mobile site.

This topic is about a mobile app. For support please start your own topic.

HI. I was doing a bit of scratching around and found this app:
http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4750-forum-runner-ipboard-for-your-mobile-device/

It allows you to upload pics directly to the forum from your mobile by the sounds of things. It requires the user pay about $2 to use the app - but he forum owner has to enable it on the server first (for free).

Would be handy if we could just take a snap, and upload the pic and comments directly (unless there is another way to do it that I haven't found).

Mezo, does it allow you to upload pictures with your post (i.e. without uploading them to a third party site first and then linking to that site)?

It's just that I can't see any mention of it on their promo page...

Mezo, does it allow you to upload pictures with your post (i.e. without uploading them to a third party site first and then linking to that site)?

It's just that I can't see any mention of it on their promo page...

Yes they host the pictures for you, before i was having to toss around with photobucket mobile app then link from that (pain in the harris) then about six months ago they added a new feature 'picture hosting' which is dead easy, take a piccy of a pepper & post direct to any thread. :party:

Mezo.

Yes they host the pictures for you, before i was having to toss around with photobucket mobile app then link from that (pain in the harris) then about six months ago they added a new feature 'picture hosting' which is dead easy, take a piccy of a pepper & post direct to any thread. :party:

Mezo.

wonderful. will give it a go.

thanks

Bugga! Paid for the app (after paying for Forum Runner yesterday) and find that The Hot Pepper doesn't come up on its list of 25,000 sites that use Tapatalk.

So the moral of the story is "don't download paid apps. Only use free apps:)"

Back