• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment Molé BBQ Sauce

Someone was asking me about this so I dug it up from a few years ago.
Excellent on grilled chicken.

Scovie's Mole BBQ Sauce.

• 3/4 C. Ketchup
• 2 Tbs Butter
• 1 Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa powder
• 1 Tbs Espresso powder
• 1 Tbs Cider Vinegar
• 1 Tbs Mole asses
• 1-1/2 tsp French's Yellow Mustard
• 1-1/2 tsp Worchestershetchire Sauce
• 3/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
• 1 Tbs Pasilla Ancho Powder
• 1 Tbs Mexican Chocolate (grated)
• 1-1/2 tsp Red Habanero Powder
• 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
• 1/2 tsp Ground Oregano
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
• 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
• 3 Cranks of BP

Melt the butter and add the Mexican chocolate. Then add the liquids hhwisking over med/high heat. HHWisk in the dried ingredients and simmer for 15-20 minutes or longer. It's always better the next day, of course.

file-1717.jpg

Scoville DeVille said:

Naw, my Mole recipe has a far different ingredients list. Similar but totally different. When I made this BBQ sauce, I was inspired by the "sweet heat" balance that my Mole has. When that balance is achieved, it's magical. This BBQ sauce could stand a bit more heat, left to the individual. I would suggest making it as is, then seeing how much more heat you might want. Like I said, it's great on grilled chicken, like a nice finishing sauce, or smoked turkey breast. Grilled wings tossed in a sauce pan until the sauce gets thick and the wings are well coated with the sticky goodness. Yum-OH.

My mind swapped what THP said lol I thought he said it's a mole sauce based on your traditional bbq sauce lol

I'll have to try it! I have never made a molé.

Thing that confuses me, I watch chopped a lot. Every time someone makes a molé they get bitched out. A molé takes hours to days to develop. Yet every molé recipe I have looked up takes 30 minutes or so.

Is it the resting time that helps the flavors meld that really makes it a molé? Or is Aarón Sánchez just an asshole?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

No comment on Sanchez being anassdhole but I can vouch for the fact that it takes Scovie all day to make mo-lay and it tastes freaking awesome!!!

Scuba_Steve said:
Thing that confuses me, I watch chopped a lot. Every time someone makes a molé they get bitched out. 

Is it the resting time that helps the flavors meld that really makes it a molé? Or is Aarón Sánchez just an asshole?

I watch Chopped sometimes too. "Reductions", "Confit", even "Marinades" are a little exaggerated on that show. Certain things just can not be done in 30 minutes but whatever they can do that might give them an edge... they do it. The fastest I have ever made my Mole recipe is about 45 minutes and I was hauling ass, timing myself just to see how fast I could make it. I don't recommend doing it that way but after 20+ years of making it, I was bound to test myself at least once. LOLOLOL Mole takes time, not days'n sheeeit, but time. It's ALWAYS better the next day so I usually make it the night before the planned meal. I will post my traditional Mole recipe in another thread. I have, up until recently had the "coveted, secret recipe" attitude, but I have changed my stance on that. The entire POINT of Mole is to share. This here is not a "Mole" recipe per se, but a BBQ sauce that is inspired by the sweet heat that my Mole has. I have sent the necessary chiles all over the world to friends here on THP to make my Mole and except for our own nameless, kitchen-less fearless leader, they have all made it and loved it.

WTF??? Did I answer your question? It feels a lot like babbling. I'm not sure if there was a question or not but I hope I answered it. If I didn't answer your question, I apologize, I tend to ramble sometimes, getting caught up in the thought process and not really paying attention to what I am actually typing. I feel bad when I do that but sometimes it's just necessary to ramble and let it all out. Especially after a day like yesterday when I split a cord of wood then drank a bottle of HHWiskey. Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear. How years ago in days of old, when magic filled the air. T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair. 
But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her, her, her....
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Any other questions?

And yes, Aarón Sanchez is an asshole. IMO

Scuba_Steve said:
This is the same dude that said all the heat is in the seeds, on the Heat Seekers show they had.

He also said capsaicin comes from a pygmy goat's teat (not really but the above is true).

Scoville DeVille said:
except for our own nameless, kitchen-less fearless leader, they have all made it and loved it.

I still will! You'll see!

The Hot Pepper said:
This is the same dude that said all the heat is in the seeds, on the Heat Seekers show they had.

He also said capsaicin comes from a pygmy goat's teat (not really but the above is true).

I still will! You'll see!

I thought those guys were mildy entertaining until ^^^that statement. 

Back